• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How to remove text box

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
in my map I made player 2 slot an ally of player 1 with shared vision and unit control..problem is whenever I browse over player2 units a text box appears saying Player 2..I tried removing the text in the Player properties tab by setting it to none..but a blank text box still appears any ideas on how to totally remove it?

Level 7
Hey there, pangahas
I'm afraid there's no way of completely removing text boxes that pop up - it's been hardwired into the Warcraft III engine. The reason it's popping up is because, even though the units are shared with player 1, they are owned by player 2.
What I'd suggest doing is making ALL the units owned by a single player that is neutral between the two, and making that player share unit control with the two other players.

Or, an even better way is to edit the interface so the text is renamed to the name of the player's alliance, or the force they're in.

There are a few ways to work around this, but you cannot remove the text box I'm afraid.
I hope I helped. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.