• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Removing Requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
If there's already a topic about this somewhere in here, I apologize, but I stopped looking after page 3.

The question is quite obvious; how do I remove a unit's tech-tree requirements. I can't seem to figure it out, and removing the tech-tree stuff off the unit that is require to build a specific unit doesn't do the trick. IE, to build the Ghost you need a Tech Lab and a Ghost Academy. Going to the Ghost Academy and removing the Tech-Tree Unlock value of the Ghost doesn't remove the requirement on the ghost for the Ghost Academy. Any pointers?

Level 1
The requirements for units can be found at the ability which they're trained with, so for the Ghost you should look at the ability tab and then search for the ability 'Barracks - Train'.
There, double click the field 'Ability - Info +' and select the command with the button 'Train Ghost'. In the next window you get, there should a 'field' with the title 'Info - Button - Requirements', where you can set the requirements. You can either select a new one in the list under it, or set it 'no requirements' by pressing the red cross at the right bottom of the list.

Level 1
Check the upgrade ability and find the corresponding upgrades, it's pretty much the same. (So for the Engineering Bay probably an ability called 'Engineering Bay - Upgrades' and then the same as I said before in my earlier post, just now with the upgrade.)

By the way, just a tip: don't edit any basic melee units to your liking, because if Blizzard decides to patch, all the melee units you changed will be reversed to normal units, so far I know.

Level 5
I can always just export the object files and import them after a patch. With that said, I don't think that's how it works since patches on WC3 didn't do that. Of course, this is a beta so I could easily be wrong.

As to what you were saying, that doesn't work. I tried to explain that it doesn't work, but when you go to Engineering Bay - Research (Engineering Bay) and then go to edit one of the upgrades, the requirements it shows are the requirements to remove the object from the list. IE, Terran Infantry Weapons 1 has a requirement of Terran Infantry Weapons 1 Researched, and once its met the upgrade is removed. If that's not removed then what happens is that the research stays in the researching building even when its been researched and researching it multiple times does nothing.

So, any ideas?

Level 1
Alright, correct me if I'm wrong, but the only thing you want removed is the Armory requirement from the requirements? If so, open the 'Requirements' tab and search for the requirement (for infantry weapons level 2: 'Learn Terran Infantry Weapon2'). If you want to make a new one, duplicate and rename it, or if not use the normal one.

Then double click the field 'Requirement +', and there should be a node which is called 'Count Unit Armory Completed (Tech Tree Cheat)', right click it, and remove it. Any ability/upgrade/unit with this requirement doesn't need an Armory anymore, but it will disappear when used (for an upgrade).

Hope this is it. :3

Level 5
There we go. Strange, I looked there, but it doesn't show the Armory part unless you expand the window a bit. +Rep again.

Unfortunately, I'm so used to the WC3 Object Editor where everything is close to each other, but right now I'm trying to figure out how to set the hotkeys, and I appear to be as hopeless as finding it as I was for the requirements.

EDIT: Give me a sec for that second set or Rep, I need to spread it more around apparently.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.