Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Religion is BS

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by X.e.r.e.X, May 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PurplePoot

PurplePoot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Do you or do you not adhere to faith and dogma?

Not true. Baptists, for example, are far different from, say, Catholics.

Dumb? I did not say that. Illogical? The nature of faith is illogical. I say what I see Christians doing on the grand scale with experience of Christians doing these things on the grand scale.

2. Masiah

Masiah

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have my own religion.

Lulz

3. Andriejj

Andriejj

Resources:
    Resources:
    I hope you're not being serious.

4. Direfury

Direfury

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Funnily enough, satanism is closer to free will than many of the religions present in this side of the world. We can do as we please, everyone seems to think Satanists are goat-killing psychopaths. Actual satanists have free will, no shit rules telling us 'no' to good things like sex. Speaking of which, I'm fairly sure Christianity was founded by jealous, lonely virgins.

5. Your Friendly Bot

Your Friendly Bot

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think I'm gonna cry.

I hate people like him.

6. Elenai

Elenai

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    This entire thread just made me sigh.

And here I thought everyone was so keen on not seeing everything in 'black and white'. But lo and behold...I see more than a few colour blind individuals.

7. Your Friendly Bot

Your Friendly Bot

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm still crying.

8. Super-Sheep

Super-Sheep

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    God. Nobody have never-ever-never-ever-never-ever seen him/it and people still believe on something that was told two thousand years ago. On the beginning of the times church was just used to make money and so they could say "dont do that or god kills you" blabla.

9. Elenai

Elenai

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I just love how everyone uses this argument and completely ignores everything good that Christianity ever did...like...I donno, the billions of faithful people throughout history who have done good things in Christ's name even though history never recorded them.

10. Super-Sheep

Super-Sheep

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    And my mom killed Hitler. Nobody just recorded it.

11. Pyritie

Pyritie

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Personally I just think the bible's a work of fiction and christianity, judaism, and islam are its fanclubs :D

12. ~Void~

~Void~

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Zombie, you can offend people with ANYTHING. Do ANYTHING, and I'm sure there is some asshole in this world who could find something about it to be offended by.

13. The_wand_mirror

The_wand_mirror

Resources:
    Resources:
    Be happy, smile :D

The bible... was written like centuries ago right? Well, i don't believe they were really smart back then were they?

And, the bible was rewritten or edited a lot of times right?... bit suspicious if you ask me =/

I tend to believe that these kind of religions only survived because they were unlike Paganism, they have a solution for the creation of everything while paganism had gods like Thor etc. who were supposed to cause lightning... well you would pretty much of a fool to believe in those kind of things at this time don't you. Simply because we know how everything works up there, we know the world is not flat etc.

The only thing we didn't fix yet is the source of all creation and death. We are in the middle, like the number 1 is in the middle of 0 and 2. 0 is the beginning (big bang/god?) and 2 is the end (death).

And then again, a very childish question but then again true you could always ask;

If god created all this who created god? or...
    If the big bang caused all this to be created than what caused the big bang?

So... euhm... infinity anyone? =p

(Btw is this thread going to end up like all the other religion threads? and did i fuck it up just by saying that, we will see ^^)

14. TheDivineBoss

TheDivineBoss

Resources:
    Resources:
  15. Andriejj

Andriejj

Resources:
    Resources:
    It already got fucked up by Super-Sheep and his kin, posting one sentence, idiotic shouts. Purple and Gilles seem to be the only ones really discussing. But, well, this all started with some video I didn't even watch, it's not like it's a discussion in that Medivh's Tower (which I've never visited).

16. Elmo

Elmo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Personally, I feel religions was created(and still exists) because the humans back then did not have the explanation to everything(we can't explain everything yet either..?).

Example: Christian religion has its base in Jesus. Jesus was sent to earth so he could die and secure all humans a place in heaven.
    Now, this basically is a "ensurance" that when you die, things does not just turn black.
    And to add some sparks to the stories, it was added some miracles, and a virgin-birth.
    Who, knows. Maybe he was the son of God. Maybe he was just some kind of wierdo.( I mean no offense to anyone)
    Tho the essence of this is that, it worked. Millions of people around the world are still talking about this guy. 2.000 years later and many still follows his guidelines.

Later on I think the religions kinda converted, and started focusing more on human relationships. And the small societies in the religions became more important also.
    Why? Well, I would believe it was because the science were catching up on them. Lots of things that the religion explained was been proven wrong by science. So they turned to one of the things science yet had not touched.
    The mind of a human being.
    The mind, or soul(?), of a human being was yet unexplained. Therefore the religions sought to be spiritual guides more than explanations.

Anyway, who knows at all? It might just be a greater being playing "sandbox" with us, and soon his/her mom calls him/her to dinner and the creature decides to destroy us.
    :pal:
    [/walloftext]

btw. Great video ^^

17. Gausslander

Gausslander

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ...like you complain about nonreligious people and religion?

No, they just do it in the form of a prayer or a religious plea, rather than rationalizing.
    "Why god? Why?!"

Come on, we both know that's not true. It's pretty much all about religion, that's why we've never had an [openly] atheist president.

Sure, that's what they want you to get out of church; but I hate the church itself. It is a terribly murderous historical institution. You're imposing on your own faith if you think that leadership and teachings of life is all that Catholicism is, and was.

18. Dreadnought[dA]

Dreadnought[dA]

Resources:
    Resources:
    Atheists are annoying because they are always trying to prove God doesn't exist with BS like this, and Christians are all annoying because they try to convince you that God does exist.

Everybody wants to force their beliefs on everybody else. Atheists belief just happens to be nothing, and they want everyone to believe in nothing. Christians belief just happens to be in a divine being, and they want everyone to believe in a divine being.

Do I make my point? Seriously I think atheists are JUST AS BAD as Christians when it comes to forcing their beliefs down others throats. Even if they don't try to convince you there isn't a God, they make fun of you. So which is worse, making fun of somebody for their beliefs, or telling other people what they should believe in?

Pro-death (You probably know it as pro-choice) people should all burn in hell by the way. There I said my belief, and now what are you going to do, tell me there is no hell? Doesn't matter because I still think you should burn in the "imaginary" place.

19. Direfury

Direfury

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    To be honest, Christianity and all of those similar religions are an insult, to me and my race, what with all of the schools, the ethnic cleansing and loss of culture brought over from Europe to early Canada and the U.S.

Add that to the Crusades and plenty of other things, then look at what it's promoting, good will, loving everyone, pretty much just acceptance and respect, and what do you come out with? Lies. During the Crusades, Jews could be imprisoned on a whim, during the Colonization of North America, an entire race lost their land, their language and their culture, in many cases because of Euro-centric trash that would call the native people 'abominations' or an 'affront to god'. I'm also fairly sure that the same thing happened to the Aztecs, Mayans or whichever of them was wiped out around that same point in time.

...How could a religion that lies through its teeth be able to get as many followers?

20. Pins

Pins

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    If heaven is full of people like you, I actually prefer burning in hell.

(to the so called dreadnought)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.