• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[JASS] Release devoured cargo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Alright I have a unit with the devour ability. What I need is some way for that unit to release the unit it is devouring. I've tried giving it unload and I've tried adding and removing the cargo.

I could of course simulate it via hide/unhide but I'd need to set some sort of visual to tell the player how damaged the unit it's devouring is, and playing with that stirkes me as a last resort.

Any help?

You could kill the hero and in the same instant revive without graphics? As long as the hero doesn't have an Ankh or Reincarnation, that makes it look like the hero never died, and should also release the devoured cargo.

Edit - before killing the hero, store its HP and MP in variables then set them as the HP and MP of the revived hero.

Level 13
Thanks but that one doesn't share vision, and also uses 2 extra systems that would only be used for a single spell, which isn't appealing.

I imagine I could program the vision in myself to it, but I would hate to detour myself that much on a single spell.I guess there is presently no way to release cargo other than killing a hero off, which would conflict greatly with the other systems in my map. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.