• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Regarding slow site speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
We beleive we have narrowed the problem of the slow site speed down to the cookies. If you are visiting just to browse and download resources, block them or turn them off (simply deleting them will not work). However some may need them on if to post, comment or submit a resource. So far the results from this have been pretty posative.

Level 5
THANX!!!!!!!!!!!! This site is lightning fast with cookies off. Now I can enjoy being on the site without having to read a book while pages load. And I have a really fast connection too.

PEONMASTER

Level 9
Ahhhh well its getting closer at least gj.

Edit: btw if you could notify the admin of wc3anvil that they seem to have a sql problem or i can tell them or if its my comp then woud i be able to get some advice on the way to fix it thx.

Level 14
Viewing the page in HTML shows that the rating system is merely hidden on most pages. Also, searching by name loads up a lot of space. Making the search function also check through the resources' submitter would remove this extra load which not many people use, and be far more convienient.

I'm not sure if this will work, but it's worth a try.

Level 12
If someone replaces the name browser with a single text box that would actually fix it by far. I don't think that 700KB+ (this is the size of the html for maps section) is a light download for the users it isn't light work for the server either.

Status
Not open for further replies.