• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unfortunate Events

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Normally I would be taking this time to celebrate our 3 millionth hit, which will occure probably within an hour...however, an unfortunate event has come upon us.

As you may or may not know, WC3campaigns hosted a large bulk of our resource archive on their server. With the death of WC3campaigns, all those files were lost. This may constitute a large chunk of our resources.

So please, everyone, take some time to check your uploaded works to see if they can still be downloaded. If they can not, use the update feature to resubmit your work. (you do not have to submit anything from scratch...simply using the update feature will put the updated file on our server and overwrite the broken link...the exception being models and oversized maps/campaigns- those will need to be re-submitted from scratch if their links are broken).

In a few weeks we will begin purging all the broken link resources (well, the resources are already gone, we will just be removing the dead links/pages). If yours work is among those deleted, IT IS NOT BECAUSE YOU BROKE ANY RULES OR YOUR RESOURCE VIOLATED ANY SUBMISSION CRITIERIA! The file is simply no longer on our server.

How to Update:
-Click on the "Add/Update resource" Link on the upper right of this page
-Select a catagory (maps/skins/models ect...)
-Click on the icon/image of whatever resource you have submitted (like the minimap of a map you uploaded)
-Browse for your file, then hit "re-submit map/skin/icon ect"

Level 22
Because they are on our server. The two sites shared the download hosting. But now all the files that were hosted on their server are gone. We need people to update their resouces to fix the download link on their works.

When a resource is uploaded it either gets sent to our database or theirs (by random chance). This is one reason people may be having problems uploading their maps and such, because its still trying to redirect the uploaded file to WC3Campaigns even though it no longer exists. However updating a resource DOES get the file put inside OUR database, so its very important that people doe that...
-VGsatomi

Level 22
Well, unless Draco backed up his server database, it wont make any difference. Here was his final note;

At this point in time, it is no longer feasible to continue the development of Wc3campaigns. Due to some unforseen circumstances, the former server owner was no longer interested in maintaining the server that this domain was hosted on. Instead of removing the database completely, I will provide it in its current shape for anyone that is interested in searching the content. In addition, private messages will remain active. You may read your messages on this page. It is strongly recommended that you save all content on the site that you wish to be saved to another location. The new forum software will still be developed on this domain most likely, but it won't be ready for another year or so (it was never intended to be used on this site anyways). Thanks for visiting and supporting Wc3campaigns; I'll see you around~

- Draco

Level 1
~

I thought that subdomain might have been in use. I can tar/gzip it for you and place it in a public location if you want the data. It's a few gigs, but someone with a fast connection should be able to transfer it over to where you can store it now.

Contact me on irc:
Draco @ lunatic.irc-wizardz.net

Level 7
Metal_Sonic said:
Olof, Mc ! has the most most models, over 200 I think. Anyway, I might as well check my old models out...

136 models, 181 icons, 7 skins and 1 spell. That's Mc !'s resources.

Mine works fine.

EDIT: Cult of the Damned doesn't work :(.

Blade.dk2 said:
Metal_Sonic said:
Olof, Mc ! has the most most models, over 200 I think. Anyway, I might as well check my old models out...

136 models, 181 icons, 7 skins and 1 spell. That's Mc !'s resources.
woops, my bad, sorry. Those are indeed a lot of resources...

anyway, back to checking my resources...

Edit: All my models work.
my six oldest skins are broken
all my artwork works
one of my three maps is broken
And I haven't checked my icons yet
I'll fix the links later, I'm on the wrong pc now.

Another edit: so far it seems only my oldest files don't work... strange

And another edit: All my icons work.
so in all just 7 files of mine don't work, and they are all old, my oldest skins and my oldest map.

Level 10
OK, all my ressources are working again.

But I'm sorry that I don't understand what has happened at all.
Wc3campaign had problems for some time, I noticed that, and now it's gone. Somebody mentioned its "death". Damn it, is there somebody nice here who could explain to me what has actually happened to wc3campaigns :?: :!: :?: :?:

Level 10
Thanks! Now I understand the problem better. But why did they take the server down, when they knew that there were many files of wc3sear.ch (which is NOT dead, I think) on it?! That's not so easy to understand for me. :? Now just all the links are broken - this can't be the best solution, I think!?!?
And there was much material which would have been worth to save it for the community, e.g. the tutorials. It would not have been very difficult to bring them to wc3sear.ch, I think, and they may be used quite often by users, also in the future...
Looks like a very unorganized finish to me, more like a result of frustration than of a thinking administrator. :roll:
Any facts to defend draco and his crew?

Level 3
Well the fact that Draco has that 2GB size pack with the resources from wc3sear.ch would be one good for defending to me. Though probably no tutorials were saved there, so its half-way defence.

Level 1
Even though a lot of things were lost, we can still be happy about the fact that Wc3campaigns is back and more immortal then ever 8) .

Status
Not open for further replies.