• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

And so it begins.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Already gotten my first wave of "OMFG WTF WHY DID YOU DELETE MY MAP!!!111" PMs in my inbox.

All of the 1400 maps I deleted this month of July were done because of the broken link problem (the files no longer exist due to problems with the host, and are instead leaving empty download pages which I have been steadily removing). I gave months of advance notice to people to update their maps so that they be uploaded on our server again. Only a very few select people did so. Dont say I didnt warn anybody.

Plus, recent news has stated over and over was has been going on in regards to broken link maps. So I'll just say this; if you wont even bother to take 5 minutes to read the site news to know what is going on with the site, then I wont bother take the five minutes to respond to your PMs. Sound fair?

Thats what I thought.
-VGsatomi

Level 9
VGsatomi said:
recent news has stated over and over was has been going on in regards to broken link maps. So I'll just say this; if you wont even bother to take 5 minutes to read the site news to know what is going on with the site, then I wont bother take the five minutes to respond to your PMs. Sound fair?

Thats what I thought.
-VGsatomi

In my opinion you being very nice to them probly too nice if your even going to respond to them.

Anyway as for some broken links did you want any help in finding some?

Level 6
Yes, it is sad. Same thing with dagger rouge and few weaponless models. Why most usefull things are going lost first? :(

Level 2
how 'bout expanding this rampage to the links section next? I go out looking for map download sites and/or project sites every once in a while, not remembering which ones are broken and have to sift through tons of crud/broken-links/not-subject-related-anymore/etc.

There's very little that frustrates me more than a site marked as a Warcraft 3 map site when it turns out it's some other website about some other game that's not even in the same category as Warcraft 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.