• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Refbacks and linkbacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hai everyone!

I've gone through and approved all of the pending linkbacks and refbacks that have been building up ever since we installed vBSEO last year. There were over 550 pages! D:

Anyway, linkbacks and trackbacks show where other people on other sites have linked to a thread here on the hive. So when they link to us, we link back to them.

Why is this useful? Well, if you submitted a map or resource you can see where it is being linked to. With these you can see if other sites are promoting your map, suggesting your model for their project, and so on!

Not all of these links will be "good" though. If you happen to find a link/trackback to a site that promotes/hosts ripped or stolen resources, please report it! You can do this by either sending me a PM/VM or by posting in admin contact (Although they'll just forward it to me).

- Pyritie

Update:
Apparently every time someone made a linkback to your thread that you had a "send me an email" subscription on, it would send you an email. I did not know about this, so I apologise!

Ralle has disabled any new linkbacks from sending emails, but for the time being you'll just have to delete any emails you receive. Sorry!

Last edited:
Level 9
I really hate this linkback thing!

Since this thing was introduced, my e-mail if full of tons of e-mails notifying me that somebody's else models were linked on some site, just because i was stupid enough to waste my time commenting that guy's model/skin/whatever.

Why should I care, really?
If they are models uploaded by me, yes, I would care, but they aren't, so I shouldn't be spammed.

I would be happy if I could just get e-mail notifications when somebody replies to the thread only.

Damn those linkback mails are irretating :p
Our dalanar website have a link to the thread in the menu, and then all pages of our website is registered as a linkback = it allready found about 10 linkbacks and more is coming :p Anyways still nice with new updates.

If you want I can add your site to the block list :p

Level 13
Linkbacks

Yesterday morning I woke up and i saw my emails: 71 emails, all about THW Linkbacks...I want to know how to don't recieve the emails about Linkbacks, which I recieve 1 every minute! Help me! I tried to unsubscript, it says that it gain usubscripted, but it doesn't work!...

Please find a way to fix this, thanks.

(PS: I think Linkbacks are useLESS)

Level 7
Update:
Apparently every time someone made a linkback to your thread that you had a "send me an email" subscription on, it would send you an email. I did not know about this, so I apologise!

Ralle has disabled any new linkbacks from sending emails, but for the time being you'll just have to delete any emails you receive. Sorry!

It is annoying but eventually they should stop.

Level 8
I'm at over 150 emails now :p hope you get this fixed soon, most of the emails got the very same text. It is though very fun to read about your own maps/tools at other forums, and what people write about them :)

I also had ur problem. I had 150 emails, and deleted the linkbacks, and it brought me to 42. next day I had more linkbacks. Im disliking them.

Level 8
I was lucky to find my only model linked on a another modding forum. Me so happy, me think me should get back to modellling...

Status
Not open for further replies.