• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Recruitement for a Turn-based RPG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
that means we don´t have to care about map size :D

oh I had an idea for a poison effect: When the lich casts frost nova the target becomes blue. And I think it would be nice in the rpg if a poisoned unit becomes greenish glowing

Level 21
Thats more about radiation... lol... more a green skull above the enemies head... or purple bubbles..

I created a attribute card for the units.

Hit Points
Mana

Strength
Endurance
Agility
Intelligence

Armor
Evade Chance

Fire Resistance
Water Resistance
Electricity Resistance
Nature Resistance

The Calculation formulas will be created later.

Last edited:
Level 4
Alright, I should be all set for terraining. All I need is the storyline so I know what the regions should look like. If you could, describe the regions of the kingdoms/events so I know where grass should be, and where battle-worn land should be. :thumbs_up:

Level 4
Will have story done tomorrow, or a rough version of it. Sorry for taking so long, was wrapped up in alot of work. But its all smooth sailing now :)

Level 12
If it's not too late to join, I could try to help. I can be anything you want, although my art skills, while strong with the paper and pencil, are somewhat weak with the mouse and screen. I might be able to come up with some interesting ideas for stuff, and, if you've already got a story, I could help work out the specifics of it. I also consider myself an OK terrainer. I can whip up a few samples for you if you want.

Level 12
Sweet! I'll let my brain stew for a while and come to you with some ideas.

Oh, and is there anything else I need to know before I start coming up with ideas, like what sort of characters will be using the spells, etc.?

Level 21
Well, Adzy is writing the story, and you will only have 1 character, and as character you can select a summon which you train atm, you can have many summons, but only 1 which you can use and train at the same time.

General ideas for summons would be nice, elemental based or different themed, but they should be cool.

Level 26
hm......I still have a blue snake with hydra texture based on my undead snake in my wc folder^^(but would still have to add some stuff)
maybe it could work as a water summon

Attachments

• leviathan.JPG
    leviathan.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 118
Level 12
Okay, I've come up with some elemental summons and what they look like. Should I also include ideas for what sorts of abilities they have and stuff, or just leave them like they are and post them here?

Level 2
As a matter of fact, I adore Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals.

Consider me in for the position of ideas, cinematic director and the narrative. I am keen to get involved in a narrative based RPG Map so I figured this was the best place to turn.

Send me a PM and perhaps we can sort something out.

Level 11
I can make triggers and systems, object data and work as hard as ten people.

I can hear you talking about combat, well, I can turn it alive among with the turn base and turn system. If you don't want me to take part in the project just say so.
Terrain: decent
Triggering: somewhat perfect
Storywriting: Ok
WE Knowledge: I know almost every aspect of world editor
Speed of Object Data Editing: Awesome
Programming Knowledge: None, but I learned pathfinding algorithms functionality and now I can make my own for any purpose.
Modeling: I can edit a model and do any operation with it, but not create new parts.
Skinning/Drawing: I can draw badly, in Paint and GIMP, but reskinning models is bad.
Cinematic Craft: Deep, interesting and cool. I have a lot of experience on cinematics.

Level 4
Sorry guys... HUGE road block happend to me in my life.. but got around it.. dont want to discuss it... as its a personal matter not a professional thing..

any way.. story done by tomorrow. I am basing it off a previous peice of work i did called the Chronicles of Medalianor.. was the basis for a map idea i had that fell through due to its size .. The Rise and Fall of Nations.

i just want to know what kinda stuff needs to be changed... do we want different races like humans undead orcs elves stuff? or do we want all humans... .. also what kind of setting would yous prefer... fantasy? medieval?

i am very enthusiastic about this project now and i look forward to hearing your opinions..

love Adzy xx

Level 26
[...]
i just want to know what kinda stuff needs to be changed... do we want different races like humans undead orcs elves stuff? or do we want all humans... .. also what kind of setting would yous prefer... fantasy? medieval?
[...]

love Adzy xx

I think that doesn´t matter that much because I don´t see any problem if we repalce 1 race or another in the last moment. But I think it will be more like a fantasy map, but I´m not the chief :D

Level 4
well ive had 2 main ideas.. a) why not do it using warcraft 3 history

b) an actual story im writing about an epic fight between many different races.. it comes down to really that hte humans are the bad guys as they were the ones that started all the fights... the player is a human and they realise later that its all the humans fault.. and they have to kill the king.

Level 5
Hey redscores,
I really like your Round-based Battle System V1.04. It comes across as very polished, clean and professional.
I see in your original post that you are not looking for someone to help with triggers (which is kind of my area), but purhaps I can help considering I have experience with making my own turn-based map. If you would like any help let me know, and if you could help me out too that would be even better.

I have a couple of videos on youtube; heres one of them:
YouTube - Final Fantasy VII Game Fan Made

And theres also a link to my map in my signature below.

Level 21
We never said that the humans are the ones which you play, and whats about a cool new difference, a RPG where you play the evil guys, which fight for a target.

And we dont use Wc history.

Memberstuff: kkots is not in and all other who participated should write what they could do.

BTW: I am back.

Level 2
I can help with the art if you'd like, or anything at all.

Few examples of my work. [All sigs. :p]

Lifeless.jpg

ClixsBeautifulSky.jpg

clixsnail.jpg

hikki.jpg

Snakeyestrans.jpg

sarenv2.jpg

tyrantclix.jpg

flower-1.jpg

They're a very few of my work, but if you need me for something else I'd be happy to help! :D

Level 4
I know that you mentioned how having spells that deal with the elements would be cool. We could base the story/hero just on that...I don't know how's Ad going with the story... but here's just my imput:

Orc - No relation to demons, (no link to WoW), instead they are just humans who've been near volcanos/mountains for too long. They're earth-menders, shamans who practice Earth magic.
Human - The basic race, able to practice any type of magic, though they cannot master a specified race as well as the race that practices it. Meaning, humans cannot be more skilled in Earth than the Orcs.
Elves - Humans that have lingered too close to Arcane magic, making them main magicians of the Arcane magic.
Night Elves - Dark worshippers, once elves that dwell in demons and different necrotic studies.
Troll - Mostly nature watchers, considering they build most civilizations within the wild. Their kind were once humans but become more savage over years to come.
Dwarves - Descendants of the humans, a completely new race, works with metals and mechanics. Many Rune Magics.

As I said, I do not know what Ad has planned, but I haven't heard anything yet since we began. We can also call the races different names, such as Orc could be the Groun'ra, since they used Ground magic (Earth).

Level 21
We wont do selectable races, it will be a linear build RPG, like a real playstation or super nintendo RPG, so you will get fixed races, like, all your characters are human... or maybe 2 humans and 1 elven or something like that... we mainly need the story... we dont need many different races, and there will be no classes selectable, every character will be better in a certain attribute.

Level 3
The year is 2000 in the year of the Ragnark, The great prohpecies of kingdoms past told of a great tragedy. Ten years ago a Earthquake of epic proporations Ravaged the towns of this unfortunate Civilization, Little did they know this was just a random event of there worlds geology and the true fortold event is yet to come... The future heros of this world will fight for there people, Make great Sacrifices for there people, And most will DIE for there people. Ten Men Set forth from one village With one goal, to Confront the great evil which is spreading this land.

Right now this took literally 3 mins so its not very advanced but it is a basic Outline of a good idea. I know you have a good writer but I will assist if needed.

Level 21
Bump:

I got some ideas for the spell names:

Single (Normal)Elemental:
Fire Spells: Scorch(Level 1), Scorchar(Level 2), Scorchga(Level 3).
Ice Spells: Glacier(Level 1), Glacierar(Level 2), Glacigar(Level 3).
Lightning Spells: Bolt(Level 1), Boltar(Level 2), Boltga(Level 3).
Earth Spells: Boulder(Level 1), Boulderar(Level 3), Boulderga(Level 3).

Dual (Normal)Elemental:
Wind Spells (Fire and Ice): Cyclone(Level 1), Cyclonear(Level 2), Cycloneaga(Level 3).
Magma Spells (Fire and Earth): Magma(Level 1), Magmara(Level 2), Magmaga(Level 3).
Storm Spells (Ice and Lightning): Storm(Level 1), Hailstorm(Level 2), Blizzard(Level 3).

Custom Elementals:
Poison Spells: Bioplasma(Level 1), Plasmaga(Level 2).
Death Spells: Judgement, Death, All-Death, Tombstone.
Ultima Spells: Omnias.

And of course stat change spells which will be listed later.

Status
Not open for further replies.