• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ready Check (wow like) by HammerFist

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Imadori
Useful, really simple, and really easy to copy and use.
Done with 3 triggers, with description how to import it (just copy paste).
It is done for my boss fight map, by may you want it to so here it is.
Thanks to faegus for solving me how to use dialogs for multyplayer.

Keywords:
ready check, wow, are you ready, afk check, hammerfist, dialog
Contents

Ready Check (Map)

Reviews
12th Dec 2015 IcemanBo: Too long as NeedsFix. Rejected. 15:56, 22nd Jun 2013 PurgeandFire: Review: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2365414-post13.html

M

12th Dec 2015
IcemanBo: Too long as NeedsFix. Rejected.

15:56, 22nd Jun 2013
PurgeandFire: Review:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2365414-post13.html

Why I always have to repeat that I cannot post triggers(i said that and in first post), because I am on phone. If someone can do it, then please do it.

EDIT: chaosy sorry didnt see what you have writen. Yes it is done for mp but it uses dialogs, it is mostly used for situations when you are out of combat so I hope that dialogs dont make big problem, and I think they are much better for eye then chat message.

Last edited:
Level 9
Why I always have to repeat that I cannot post triggers(i said that and in first post), because I am on phone. If someone can do it, then please do it.

Here, I can post the triggers:

• Ready Check Init
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.50 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- NOTE!!! This actions must not be in trigger with event "Map Initialization", becasue then system won't work --------
      • Dialog - Change the title of RC_Dialog to Are you ready?
      • Dialog - Create a dialog button for RC_Dialog labelled Yes
      • Set RC_ButtonYes = (Last created dialog Button)
      • Dialog - Create a dialog button for RC_Dialog labelled No
      • Set RC_ButtonNo = (Last created dialog Button)
  • Ready Check Start
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -rc as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • Set RC_PlayerGroup = (All players matching ((((Matching player) Not equal to Player 1 (Red)) and (((Matching player) controller) Equal to User)) and (((Matching player) slot status) Equal to Is playing)))
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Number of players in RC_PlayerGroup) Greater than or equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Player Group - Pick every player in RC_PlayerGroup and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • For each (Integer RC_Integer) from 2 to 12, do (Actions)
                • Loop - Actions
                  • Dialog - Show RC_Dialog for (Player(RC_Integer))
              • Set RC_TotalPlayers = ((Number of players in RC_PlayerGroup) + 1)
              • Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of Player 1 (Red)) + ( is ready (1/ + ((String(RC_TotalPlayers)) + ))))
        • Else - Actions
          • Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)
          • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) the text: You are ready.
      • Custom script: call DestroyForce(udg_RC_PlayerGroup)
  • Ready Check Clicked
    • Events
      • Dialog - A dialog button is clicked for RC_Dialog
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Clicked dialog button) Equal to RC_ButtonYes
        • Then - Actions
          • Set RC_ReadyPlayers = (RC_ReadyPlayers + 1)
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of (Triggering player)) + (( is ready ( + ((String(RC_ReadyPlayers)) + /)) + ((String(RC_TotalPlayers)) + ))))
        • Else - Actions
          • Set RC_NotReadyPlayers = (RC_NotReadyPlayers + 1)
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of (Triggering player)) + (( is not ready ( + ((String(RC_ReadyPlayers)) + /)) + ((String(RC_TotalPlayers)) + ))))
        • If - Conditions
          • (RC_NotReadyPlayers + RC_ReadyPlayers) Equal to RC_TotalPlayers
        • Then - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • RC_ReadyPlayers Equal to RC_TotalPlayers
            • Then - Actions
              • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Ready check ended
              • Game - Display to (All players) the text: All players are rea...
            • Else - Actions
              • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Ready check ended
              • Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((String(RC_ReadyPlayers)) + ready)
              • Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((String(RC_NotReadyPlayers)) + not ready)
          • Trigger - Turn on Ready Check Start <gen>
          • Set RC_NotReadyPlayers = 0
          • Set RC_ReadyPlayers = 1
        • Else - Actions

Level 16
Use the 0.00 start instead of 0.50. Dialogs can't be created at Map Init but 0.00 elapsed game time is alright.

Move the Ready check ended line out of the ITE, it will be executed either way.

You may want to use a boolean to indicate when all players are ready.

Entered chat message, dialog title and buttons text could be configurable.

Simple and quite useful system.

How this system does ?

Hey, I guess you tried this system in single player, that's why you probably have no idea how it works.
To see how it works you need to test it with at least 2 wc3 pc(or with jngp 2 like what I did).

I will try to explain you with words, player 1 enters message, to all other players shows dialog like on image, then when they click it, player one can see who is ready and who is not, after that they can start going on.

Nice system. However, it should be a bit more configurable. You should allow for any player to type -rc, rather than just player 1. (in the trigger, replace Player 1 (red) with "triggering player")

Also, for the trigger "Ready Check Start", you don't need the loop to show the dialog to players 2 through 12. You already made a player group and are iterating through them, so just remove the loop and replace the player in the dialog function with "Picked player" (or whatever the GUI function is for it).

After that it should be okay. One suggestion is that, instead of saying "Player 1 (red) is ready" in "Ready Check Start", you may want to say something like "Player 1 (red) has initiated a ready check". It would make more sense in my opinion since people would want to know why the dialog has appeared/who started the ready check.