• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

R.I.S.K Ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello everyone, does anyone have any good ideas for a 'Risk Style Map(RSM)'? I would love some ideas to bring in some flavor to any RSM. Post any ideas and i will write them down below.

IDEAS:

1:) Add Heros. - (Possibilty of ruining the game)
2:) Add Items for Heros.
3:) Add Events.
4:) Don't do somthing GENERIC
5:) New resource system
6:) Tech Levels
7:) Missions

What do you prefer also. A free lance Risk game?
> Where you are free to do what ever you want and move/attack when ever you want?

Or a turn based risk game?
> Where players must take turns to Attack/Move/Spawn units.

THE PROBLEM WITH w3 RISK IS
The games last around 30-45 minutes. I'm going to explain the following problems

0-10 minutes, Normally 1 or 2 players will be knocked out due to more experinced or lucky players making moves on them.

15-25 minutes, There will normally be 6 semi powers, and 1 or 2 stronger powers, by now alot of the semi powers make "truces" causing no war for a short period of time, giving players chances to build armies

30-35 minutes, The semi powers break out in war. Causing the stronger powers to take advantage of the carnage and often tripple there power, Knocking out anywhere between 2 - 4 players. Giving very little fun to anyone who could not manage to mass a empire.

Last edited:
Level 8
I Say make it like risk and use Warcraft models and shit that would be really cool. Cause if you have ever played risk on the computer its 100 times more fun when you dont have to set up the pieces.

edit* and Im stuipd I didn't see dont be generic

Level 7
I Say make it like risk and use Warcraft models and shit that would be really cool. Cause if you have ever played risk on the computer its 100 times more fun when you dont have to set up the pieces.

edit* and Im stuipd I didn't see dont be generic

There is already risk DEVO which is basicly risk just with w3 models. Think outside the box! Thanks for posting though. :]

Level 8
Add tech levels, I would make the troops come by the turn but add a special resource for buying special techs that you can use to like boost your troop numbers, nuke enemy troops, add more reinforcements, etc.

Level 12
I think heroes will just ruin the map's fun.. Eventually, Risk is also a country war map. Everything must be more equal in themselves.

But you can add quests, have you ever played Mission Risk? missions are really funny..

Example: "conquer asia and europe and hold them until your next turn.." or

"wipe out red army."

"conquer 24 countries and hold them until your next turn."

Level 7
I think heroes will just ruin the map's fun.. Eventually, Risk is also a country war map. Everything must be more equal in themselves.

But you can add quests, have you ever played Mission Risk? missions are really funny..

Example: "conquer asia and europe and hold them until your next turn.." or

"wipe out red army."

"conquer 24 countries and hold them until your next turn."

Missions, Good idea.

For awhile i was thinking of making a w3 game named

The Rebuilding of Lordaeron

Which the each player (total of 8) each had a victory condition independant from each other. But each affecting each other.

That sound like a good idea?

Level 8
Well if you make it like a melee map then still add missions but it would be friken nuts having everyone with different mission objectives that would be crazy shit. But I do hope that you keep the original turn based style. I say that hero's aren't the best idea either, Maybe you can have really strong units that cost really high

What do you plan on doing?

Level 8
I think action points would be a great addition for you to think about. Thee worst part about risk is the movement of troops, because you can't ship units past 1 territory maybe you can have a system that if you want to move farther it just costs more action points.

Level 7
What do you plan on doing?

I'm not sure yet, I'm going to re-post somthing up-top about how risk is played out.

As for action points, A turn based game useding acition points might work. Good idea +REP :)

Status
Not open for further replies.