• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Idea, but don't know how to make it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
I have this idea, okay.
The map is a big grid with a power creator in the middle. Every.. 2 minutes or so, a big wave of power is released and the wave is directed by buildings. At the start you choose where on the map you want to build and the idea is to direct the power into the enemy bases, causing them to be destroyed. This is how the power acts:

When 1 power unit enters the square 3 more at released at each edge. However if one edge is blocked by a building the power can't go in that direction. I did a picture in paint to explain things a bit better.

I have an idea, just no idea on how to do it D=, if anyone wants to steal my idea, help me accomplish or just pointless feedback. Leave it here!

Attachments

• Diagram 2.GIF
    Diagram 2.GIF
    23.2 KB · Views: 212
Level 3
Interesting, I'd say you'd have to use units for the laser and use some heavy triggering. I'm not sure how you would do this though. Good idea overall though. :infl_thumbs_up:

Level 2
nice
nice
nice
no idea
tocomplicated
REALLY HEAVY TRIGGERING
LOTS of variables
u would prob need a super calculater by u at all times
nice idea but i doubt it can be done (at least by us maby blizz could pull it off)

Level 34
Don't you mean like in Age of Empires 3? The trade route?

===T-Route=====[_Outpost building_]========|-O<<==
_____________________________________Wagon^-^

And when it passes your building, you get materials.

Don't you mean like that?

Level 8
I tried to make trigger for this and I'm doing well but you should tell more details.
And your picture shows only the best situation when power wave is fully stopped. I tested how it will look. If I don't build enough walls wave will never end to spray.

Level 3
It's not that tough to trigger. I could probably do it with moderate effort (it would involve a lot of regions, ugh).

Basically, you define each square as a region, and for each region define the set of adjacent regions, and then starting with the power generator create an animation (say chain lightning) that travels from the center of each region to each of the adjacent UNLESS that adjacent contains a blocking tower or has already been visited, and perhaps has some effect there, depending on what you want it to do.

Dummy units would also work, and would perhaps be more elegant. I can't easily say.

Of course, my method would have moderate odds of having crazy memory leaks that would clog your comp like molasses. I need JASS...

Level 12
I have this idea, okay.
The map is a big grid with a power creator in the middle. Every.. 2 minutes or so, a big wave of power is released and the wave is directed by buildings. At the start you choose where on the map you want to build and the idea is to direct the power into the enemy bases, causing them to be destroyed. This is how the power acts:

When 1 power unit enters the square 3 more at released at each edge. However if one edge is blocked by a building the power can't go in that direction. I did a picture in paint to explain things a bit better.

I have an idea, just no idea on how to do it D=, if anyone wants to steal my idea, help me accomplish or just pointless feedback. Leave it here!

Ok.... I may be willing to help you... but I can say anything in terms of triggering...

Though I can give you triggers that if you could find the translation for it would work....
-Like Spanish to english dictionary only its concept to triggering

I would use something like shockwave for this.... Or Forked lighting... (forked lighting would probably be better....)

Forked lighting Stats- can only target one unit and that unit must be a building and has infinite range
-Use four different forked lighting spells
--South, North, East and West lightning

Have buildings at every square with collision size 0 and invisible (so they can be built over
And 3 to four spell casters (Maybe not four if you don't care about having the three spell casters to have multiple spells that they can perform) that are flying (so you don't have to worry about unable to spawn) and no collision size

Start
Map Installation -Intro or whatever... counter down timer is Set to 2 minutes
If: Countdown timer = 0
--Then: Send units to Location start facing a direction, Units cast Forked Lightning offset to the end of the map

Copy for South, North, East and West with appropiate changes)
If: South forked lighting hits a bulding
-Conditions: Building is equal to "No building here"
--Then: Move North Ligh (facing 0 degrees), east.. etc... and Cast Forked lightning (north/south/east/west specific....) offset by (900,0) (East to the next square)

If: South forked lighting hits a building
-COnditions: Building is Equal to wall
--Then: Nothing happens....

If: SOuth Forked lightning hits a building
-Conditions: Building is Equal to Base
--Then: Remove a Life from person (score board)

I'm going to make a concept map for you... Hopefully I won't get lazy or stuck...

But

I may steal it.... But...
Since I'm going to give you the tools.... to do this... I want you to publicize a forum for me if you make it... If you use my help....

Or I'lll make a similar competing map that features issue fixes like the one below

One problem I see already though....
-SOmeone could easly make A building at the starting point and prevent the game from even going............
--Or block off anyones ability to get them...
---So....... I dunno.....
----You may need the ability to destroy other peoples buildings during the 2 minutes... And each ability has a 3 second cooldown... so people couldn't walls... or delete everything.... even that mught not work out though....

What you could also do is Make one of four buildings...
-Each building casts a different direction of lightning per thing....

I'm not evil....
I just want to take advantage of this oppertunity...
-Also... The forum would work like this... where we help eachother with game concepts....

DKG

DKG

Level 3
As the above 2 have said, this is an awesome idea, I do hope someone manages to produce a working map for it :D

Level 2
I figured that if the power took every possible avenue, you would lose too quickly. I thought it would work better if the lightning took a different path every time, and sped up as the game went on.
Just to keep it interesting I thought the power surge would damage you protector things when it went past them, and your worker if he got to close. I think the hardest part about this would be balancing how many buildings players should be able to have at once and how much they cost.

I thought too you would probably prevent them from building right next to the source or right next to their base.
I've already made the a start, and I've got the lightning to flow, not go back on itself, and not go through your blocker things.

Level 24
Sounds like a great idea for a map. It should be fairly easy (comparitavely) if you use a unit for the power surge or whatever. You could also add in units that could be built to attack your opponents walls and the like adding another element of game play. I hope you succeed in trying to complete this because it sounds awsome.

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
Formula1 and DairyQueen you can both go ahead and make the idea. Good Luck and post here how you're doing.

Ideas:
Damages the blockers as it travels past.
The output of it decreases every time it splits.
Pads to amplify the output.
Pads to amplify the speed
The map starts off with a lot of blockers on it.
You can repair the blockers.
You can destroy blockers.
Pads which are income (when electricity passes over it)
Inside-Computer theme.
Pads which can be built that teleport volts to another teleport.

Level 12
Formula1 and DairyQueen you can both go ahead and make the idea. Good Luck and post here how you're doing.

Ideas:
Damages the blockers as it travels past.
The output of it decreases every time it splits.
Pads to amplify the output.
Pads to amplify the speed
The map starts off with a lot of blockers on it.
You can repair the blockers.
You can destroy blockers.
Pads which are income (when electricity passes over it)
Inside-Computer theme.
Pads which can be built that teleport volts to another teleport.

Ugh... Started it... Havent' worked on it since...

I haven't even tested it.... But I theoretically created the system.... I'm just going to have to add a LOT of locations.... or a LOT of Original units....

Status
Not open for further replies.