1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Questions

Discussion in 'Broken Dawn – The Elementals' started by chenlimin, Apr 24, 2008.

1. chenlimin

chenlimin

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have a few questions, first of all.How do you link the map together?How do you make sure that everyone have the campaign on Bnet as you will download the map only when you join a game instead of the whole the campaign.

2. Gauntlet2021

Gauntlet2021

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The campaign is pretty much compressed into a single Epic-sized map. I know how that might sound, but the map is built to play just like any normal campaign.
    For example, you'd play a level, see a clip, then open to a completelly new stage in a campaign. In this, you'd play a level on an area on the map, then upon completion see a clip, then fade to a title and completelly new level elsewhere on the map.
    So basically it feels like and plays just like a campaign, but doesn't use multiple .w3x files. It's decently effective, and as far as I know the only way to do this online.

3. chenlimin

chenlimin

Resources:
    Resources:
    lol, I was expecting something never done before like a muti-player campaign with different maps. Althrough i think a muti-player campaign was possible, having a map call the start map that was link to the rest of the campaign, but then sever split is likely to happen.

4. Gauntlet2021

Gauntlet2021

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah, I did put thought into it beforehand :wink:. It's not a revolutionary step in WC3 modding, but as far as I know the way I've done this hasn't been successfully done yet.

5. chenlimin

chenlimin

Resources:
    Resources:
    lol, i was really hoping the "revolutionary step", but well any way i will work on the step.I was expecting you to be like someone god sent to teach me how. By the way, how to do break the maxium unit and all in the map?? With trigger or what?

Last edited: May 1, 2008
  6. Gauntlet2021

Gauntlet2021

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I think using World Editor Unlimited helps a bit with the unit limit, but the main way that I avoided unit limits was through triggers and player changes.
    Such as triggers which create units at the beggining of each level so that they arn't counted at the beggining of the map, and therefore dont put pressure on it.

7. chenlimin

chenlimin

Resources:
    Resources:
    well if you need help tell me.