• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Newbie Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I am tired of creating more than one threads for one question, so I'm just going to ask all of my questions here.

Questions:
1. If you go to the navigation bar, there is Maps. If you download a map there, you download it in the Download folder right? And do people play those custom made games in Bnet? I barely see any games on Bnet these days.

2. If you go the navigation bar, there is Skins. If you download a skin there, what do you do after?

3. I made a previous thread in this forum before about a 'Better' World Editor, where can I download one of those other World Editors in which I can download?

I have so many questions, since it's my first time in these forums.

Thanks,
Serodyn~

Level 6
Hey,

1. Yes. Every custom game downloaded from b.net is placed in a folder named /WarcraftIII/Maps/Download.

Yes custom games are highly in focus when talking we are about b.net

This is mostly because games suchs as Heroes of Newerth have taken a lot of the DotA gamers along with them, greatly reducing the players at b.net

2. You have to import them in your map. At all the skins there is a link to a guide just above (or below, don't remember) and how to install the skin.

These skins are something you import into your map, and NOT custom skins that change every skin in every map in the entire game.

3. Try looking at our "Tools" (Top bar)

Good luck
-Sinizi

Level 6
Well I don't do much in map making anymore so I don't really know. I can basicly live with the standard WE ;)

Level 13
JNGP can release unknown features.
You can almost double the size of a map, or turn off the limits.

Level 3
Thanks and +rep given!

And, as I said in my other thread that I hope will die sooner or alter, where can I download JNGP?

Level 3
Ahh, thanks.

I've downloaded it and I have a bunch of files that don't seem to work. :/

Edit: I did some research and I found a guide to help me DL it, but I am currently stuck at one problem.

Once I downloaded the jassnewgenpack files, I clicked NewGen WE and extracted all of the files.
It says, 'An instance of World Editor seems to be running already.'
I don't have a Warcraft 3 TFT CD.. Is that the problem? :(

Last edited:
Level 3
Thanks, but I don't get this part.
Open this url, download the JassHelper file.

Extract the content.
CnP this three files:
•clijasshelper.exe
•jasshelper.conf
•jasshelper.exe
, go to the JassNewGenPack folder, open it, and copy it into the subfolder "jasshelper" and click yes to overwrite.

CnP = ?
For the last sentence, it doesn't really make sense.
There is no jasshelper subfolder in the JassNewGenPack folder.

Level 10
Quote:
Extract the content.
CnP this three files:
•clijasshelper.exe
•jasshelper.conf
•jasshelper.exe
, go to the JassNewGenPack folder, open it, and copy it into the subfolder "jasshelper" and click yes to overwrite.

CnP = ?
For the last sentence, it doesn't really make sense.
There is no jasshelper subfolder in the JassNewGenPack folder.

1. CnP = copy and paste

2. JassNewGenPack is the folder that contains everything you downloaded. One of the folders inside it is called Jasshelper. What he is telling you to do is basically update Jasshelper. So you need to go to the link he provided, download that folder, copy those three items that he listed located inside the folder, then go inside the Jasshelper folder that you originally downloaded along with JassNewGenPack and paste them in there (and overwrite the older files)

EDIT - if for some reason you still can't figure it out I will send you a copy; just ask

Level 3
BAHH,

Instead of being frustrated, do you mind sending me a copy?

I apologize and thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.