• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Importing tiles (how to, and where to find it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi everybody,

I was wondering if someone could have an answer to my questions.

I'm in the middle of a new maze map in Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos but can't figure out a couple of things.

I wanted to change some tiles cause people are starting to get bored of always the same terrain so I downloaded a new skin in this site:

The skin is called : Dalaran_WhiteMarble by SantoRayo[iP]

Now, my questions are:

1-Once I imported this skin in the import manager, which is the name of the full path? Is it the same or do I have to use a custom path?

2-Once I've done this where I find my skin?

I know that for models you go in the object editor, take a random unit, go on Art - Model File and put the model that you downloaded, you save your work, you close world editor and you open it again. The model after should normally work properly...

But how does it work for tiles?

Thanks for any kind help

Level 4
I tried that also Avatar but it still doesn't work. Well I got Windows Vista and near the tool its says that the program is compatible only with Windows XP. That's maybe the reason why it doesn't work on my computer.

Level 4
Héhé :) Your right didn't notice :) My bad..

Do you or someone have an idea on how am I suppose to import a skin?

The map I'm making is a Reign of Chaos map so when I go on object editor I'm suppose to modify only Units and Items sector and not Destructibles,Doodads,Abilities..because if I do so and then save my map it will say that to run it I'll need to play it on The Frozen Throne.

Is there a way to save my tile somewhere?

I mean, I downloaded RoadModels.zip but the guy saved them in object editor in the Destructible sector and when I save it ask for expantion.

Can I save my tiles in a different way?

Level 18
You import the tile file and change the file path to the path added to the post where you downloaded it. It's also possible that this info is added in an aditional .txt file with details on how to import it.

Then you go to the Terrain Palette and create your own tileset, by replacing an existing tile with your newly downloaded one.

Status
Not open for further replies.