• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Importing Base Tiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm trying to use the grass trim cliff created by ~Void~ in the link below.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/skins-552/x_cliff1-blp-117489/?prev=search=trim&d=list&r=20

The cliff tile imported fine and works perfectly. But in order to finish the process I need to replace the square tiles with the grass trim texture. I've tried to import this using the import manager, but the grass trim tiles dont even seen to exist on my computer. I have literally checked every location on my computer for the grasstrim.blp file, can anyone help me find it?

Level 2
Ah crap it still is not working. I have the file now safely into the import manager, but whenever I try and change the custom file path from the default war3mapImported\Dalaran_GrassTrim.blp to the required TerrainArt\Dalaran\Dalaran_SquareTiles.blp, the name of the file inside the import manager changes from the GrassTrim that you linked above to Dalaran_SquareTiles, which makes no changes on the map.

Why the heck is the file name changing when I change the path? Any help?

Level 16
File name automatically changes when you cahng e ''Full Path''. It doesn't matter. It is same if you name your file ''MyFile'', ''Dalaran_GrassTrim' or ''GrassTrim''.

Screenshot:
59864d1246951482-importing-base-tiles-noworry.jpg

By the way, don't double post, just edit your previous with this:
edit.gif
buttton

Attachments

• NoWOrry.JPG
    NoWOrry.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 129
Level 2
I dont understand why it isn't working, even though I'm doing exactly the same thing as you demonstrated. I've attached a screenshot showing how it is identical to yours, but when I try to use the square tiles to place the grass, it still places the tiles...

And sorry for that double post, still learning the site

Attachments

• Still not working.jpg
    Still not working.jpg
    472.1 KB · Views: 73
Level 2
Yes I've restarted my editor after every import. I even tested changing the square tiles to grass in a map where i have not yet imported the new cliff tile and it still didnt work. This is reallly strange...

Level 2
I tried your test map and it worked, but I still cant get it to work in the map I'm trying to make, or in any new map I start.

I even sent the map to a friend who imported the grass file, then sent it back to me. I opened it up and the square tiles were still producing freaking square tiles.

If I cant get this to work can I just recreate my entire map inside of your test map? Luckily I hadn't done that much work.

EDIT: Okay I just used your test map and recreated my entire map. Thank you so much for helping!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.