• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tiles light

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello,
So I downloaded Gilneas decoration pack from xgm.guru. The pack came with a map test which had tiles I wanted to use, but the thing is when I import the tiles to my map they seem a lot darker than they actually are. I've even tried to put the same path as the creator of the map did, but result is still the same.

I would upload the map, but I am not 100% sure if I am allowed to that here.

Here are some screenshots from editor.
3743f93e505b27a1a596d937d817f0ed.jpg

013dde09950358eb97ddc7d4440672d3.jpg

Those are the same tiles, but as as you can see in the pic1 (from the original map) the tiles seem like they have 1 more layer than the ones in the pic2(my map) and I can't really understand why.
The original one is set to be all time night in which tiles still look brighter than the tiles in my map during day time

Does anyone have a clue what it could be?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
The brightness of night is dependant on lighting model used which is dependant on the tile set (not individual tiles, the entire set of tiles like Lordaeron Summer) selected for the terrain mesh. Some are brighter or differently tinted than others.

I suggest editing the day night model so that the light is 1.0 brightness during both day and night to make a comparison.

Also be aware there is an optical illusion going on. Since the original map has them surrounded by a darkish tile type the result is they appear brighter than your map where you have them surrounded by a bright tile type. This might be made worse if your display has dynamic contrast enabled as the differences in average brightness of the image might be altering the displayed image brightness (not actual brightness).

Status
Not open for further replies.