• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Couple of Questions , Thanks Evryone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Well im not sure when ill be done my map... ANYWAYS i just have a couple of questions to try and speed up the process. So here are my questions please try to make them in the simpilest ways and if you can show examples. Thankies Everyone!!!

Q 1. How do i make the compass all black allowing players not to see the map before hand

Q 2. How do i set the picture of my map ( loading Screen ) instead of having like the players
loading bars?

Q 3. How do i set the picture of the map ( The lobby ) Ex instead of having the compass
picture like a picture i want. The Square when your Dling / waiting for host to start.

Q4. How do i make a save / Load system??

Q5. How do i make it so when you finish the game you can unlock secret characters.
ex: *scroll over ninja hero* "To unlock this hero you must kill "Name of boss" or
you must complete game on "certain difficulty"

Q6. How do i make the level Cap higher then 10?

Thats all for now if i come across anymore questions ill update this topic , or ill make a new one THANKS EVERYONE!!!!

Level 9
Q6: How do i make the level Cap higher then 10

A: Advanced -> Gameplay Constants
There should be something like Hero - Max Level. Set it to whatever you want.

Level 3
Thanks to everyone that has answerd, Also more questions now

Q1 = Not Answered

Q2 = Answered

Q3 = Answered

Q4 = Answered

Q5 = Not Answered

Q6 = Answered

Q7. How do i make armor appear on my character ( i download a armor model. ) how do i
make it show on the character.

Q8. How do i make a permanent color of a character ( a Blue knight. ) instead of the knight
being red when lets say red plays as it. Instead of red its blue?

Q9. How do i make something chase you? I have a boss that just sits there and when i
spawn hes suppose to chase me down a long hall way but he doesn't

Last edited:
Level 8
Lol. Sticky this thread and make newbies read please.

MANY times these have been asked before.

Q9: Alter the boss' AQUISITION RANGE and give his player a map reveal, then he can find you anywhere xD

Level 3
bump?

Question 7 and 5 havent been answered yet >< Well for 5 i just dont really get it >< Also im still having trouble understanding the save and load system ><

Level 3
Lol. Sticky this thread and make newbies read please.

MANY times these have been asked before.

Q9: Alter the boss' AQUISITION RANGE and give his player a map reveal, then he can find you anywhere xD

Where do i find the Aquisition Range and how do i give map reveal? Sorry im really noob >< XD

Level 20
Q5. How do i make it so when you finish the game you can unlock secret characters.
ex: *scroll over ninja hero* "To unlock this hero you must kill "Name of boss" or
you must complete game on "certain difficulty"
Create a new building or unit and name it as "Complete the map" and then go to the "Requirements" field of your unlockable character and add the unit that you just created to that list. The unit should not be seen by the players. Then create the following trigger:
  • Unlock
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to BOSS
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 "Complete the map" for (Picked player) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing 0.00 degrees
Now, when the players beat the game, they get a new building that allows them to train/hire/summon the new unlocked unit.

How do i make armor appear on my character ( i download a armor model. ) how do i
make it show on the character.
Create a new ability out of an ability called "Sphere". Add the model that you want to be shown to the attachement fields and then set attachement points to hand,right or chest or whatever you want it to be. Then give this ability to the item. So now when someone picks the item he gains the ability that shows the attachements.

Where do i find the Aquisition Range and how do i give map reveal? Sorry im really noob >< XD

Map Reveal
I'm not sure what you want, but this gives vision for every player in the map.
  • Map Reveal
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for (Picked player) emitting Visibility across (Playable map area)
Acquistion Range
Attached below as an image.

Attachments

• acquistionrange.jpg
    acquistionrange.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 61
Level 8
Q5: What you really want is a system that produces an unique code that is dependent on player name. That stops 1 person who has completed it from simply giving the code to someone who hasn't.
It has been done before but I don't know how. Some kind of hexing system.

Level 2
A9: You could change his range but if you want him to attack you when you get close to him, you could make a region trigger making him change player.

Events: Unit - A unit enters region
Condition: Owner of (triggering unit) Equal to Player 1(red)
Action: Unit - Change ownership of BOSS to Player 12(brown) and retain color

Like so. Brown is usually the enemy and red is usually the player, you may want to add Condition: Triggering unit is a hero equal to true, incase its a hero. If you chose retain color the Unit(BOSS) doesnt change color. Hope it helped:)

Status
Not open for further replies.