• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Question about trees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Hey, I wish to edit the *Lordaeron summer tree* model and replace it with another but if I remember correctly that means you screw up the model in the editor and bad things happen, I was wondering how you could correctly change the model and still make it work in the editor and game. Would appreciate the help.

Level 18
Well I just want to edit the model with one tree model from this website *Don't know which one yet* But yeah changing the tree models of wc3 gives isues :/ So I wonder how to correctly do that. I just want to change the look of the standard wc3 lordearon tree which is used in normal game maps

Level 30
You mean change it to custom trees? If yes, Some custom trees required either nothing, changing variations to make it work and show or make it lightweight or no. Just experiment with this and the model will show.

And of course, it should have the right import path.

Level 30
I see that the tree editing makes it unable for the tree to be selected, but I need it to be selected in game cause workers still need to be able to gather wood :/

It is the model's fault. It has no collision sphere or squares in it. I think IT IS WHAT THAT makes a model clickable may it be a unit, doodads or destructibles. So you will have to either find a new model for your tree or edit the model itself and add some collision sphere or squares.

Easily Making Collision Shapes for Models: See this so you can know how to make collision shapes in models.

Level 23
Wait, now I get it.. You can just change the "Combat - Targeted As" to Tree instead of Wall.. and that'll do it.

222907-albums6224-picture69275.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.