• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Using the tree model as a building

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Not sure exactly which forum this goes under... but anyway

I want to create a building that uses the Lordaeron Summer Tree model but I cannot find that tree model when trying to set it as the unit's model. I have found trees from different tile sets but they only appear as untextured white models.

I would not like to substitute with a custom tree model due to the nature of the building in game.... any help is appreciated on getting this model to where it can be used as a unit.

Its because each tree you put down varrys slightly.

Here is a model path
Doodads\Terrain\LordaeronTree\LordaeronTree1

But thats only half of the problem.

Doodads and destructables have the luxary of being able to change their texture paths, but units cant do this. For that reason, a custom model or a retextured tree would be the solution.

I can retexture a tree for you if you want.

Level 10
if you use a tree as a model you are going to have trouble with it when it is destroyed. First to find the model go to the tree destructible in the model editor and copy the model field and then paste it into your building. Now for when ur building dies go to the trigger editor and put in the following:

• Test
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Triggering unit) Equal to (Your Building)
    • Actions
      • Destructible - Remove (Last created destructible)
When a unit that uses a destructible model dies it stays as a destructible (atleast for most of them), im not sure if trees will dissapear, hope this helps.

Level 3
Its because each tree you put down varrys slightly.

Here is a model path
Doodads\Terrain\LordaeronTree\LordaeronTree1

But thats only half of the problem.

Doodads and destructables have the luxary of being able to change their texture paths, but units cant do this. For that reason, a custom model or a retextured tree would be the solution.

I can retexture a tree for you if you want.

That would be nice... as long as the texture looks pretty similar to the origional. if you could do that, that would be great because I am no good with texturing or modeling myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.