• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mixing Tile Sets Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I'm working on a map and I was working on the terrain. I would like to make different zones/areas with different tile sets (not just different tiles) and whenever I try to switch tile sets, the whole map is changed. How do I fix this?

Example: I'm using Lordaeron Summer for one area but want to use Lordaeron Fall for another. When I change tilesets from Lordaeron Summer to Lordaeron Fall, all tiles that used a texture from Lordaeron Summer changed to the Lordaeron Fall equivalent. e.g. Green grass from Lordaeron Summer changed to brown grass from Lordaeron Fall across the entire map.

EDIT: Sorry if formatting or question is unclear, I'm new to using World Editor and this site. Thank you for your patience.

You can only have one "main" tileset. But you can replace individual tiles as needed, up to 16 times.

In order to use the 16 maximum, you need to download JassNewGenPack:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools-560/jassnewgenpack-5d-227445/

Open your map in it, go to Extensions -> Edit Tileset, add the tiles you need, and then click "OK". Once you click "OK", it'll save the map for you, don't save! Just close the map (File -> Close Map), and then reopen it. You should have access to those tiles now.

Note: You'll still be restricted to two cliffs, so I recommend choosing a base tileset depending on what cliffs you need.

Note: You'll still be restricted to two cliffs, so I recommend choosing a base tileset depending on what cliffs you need.

To elaborate on this.
If you want to ensure you have both a wall type cliff and a cliff type cliff create the map as either Sunken Ruins or Icecrown Glacier.
That will also help you if you decide to import a cliff texture that is 512x512 in size since it will only properly fit those two cliff types.

Status
Not open for further replies.