• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] tilesetter.exe - How to fix cliff textures?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Since JNGP is not working anymore and Sharpcraft doesn't have custom tilesets yet, I'm using tilesetter.exe in the grimext folder of JNGP as a command line tool to get them.

It worked for importing 16 tiles, but I'm having trouble importing different cliffs. I know this has always been a problem, but I remember that there was a workaround to get imported cliffs to work, but I forgot how.

Specifically, I want to use both Tiled Walls (Cityscape) and Lordaeron Fall Grass (Lordaeron Fall) on a map with a Lordaeron Fall tileset, but the textures for the former get screwed up (see: image).

I'm using these tiles:
YsqdFgrscFc2FdroFdrgFrokFgrdAlvdQcrpQcbpYblmYbtlYrtlYhdgYwmbBdrt

Attachments

• grimext.png
    grimext.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 304
Level 9
If i remember there are only 2 type of cliff textures in a map, Cliff0.blp, Cliff1.blp, one is for the grass cliff and the other is for the dirt cliff. This change depending on tileset.
You have to be sure you imported the Cliff0.blp or Cliff.1blp file correctly. In the import manager set the custom path for imported modified Cliff.blp files to this : '\RepalceableTextures\Cliff\'
So in the import manager should look like this:

Cliff0.blp Texture/image ReplaceableTextures\Cliff\Cliff0.blp

The yellow grass cliff is Cliff0.blp so try to change that file with the other, or modify it by exporting the wall cliff textures and renamve it cliff0.blp

Level 5
Sorry, I shouldn't have used the term "import". I actually just want to switch normal WC3 cliff tiles.

Lordaeron Fall has the cliff tiles "Lordaeron Fall Dirt (cliff)" and "Lordaeron Fall Grass (cliff)",
but I want "Cityscape Square Tiles (cliff)" instead of "Lordaeron Fall Dirt (cliff)".

Level 9
Okay, so you have to use MPQmaster. In the MPQmaster open War3.mpq and find the 'Cliff' folder. In the folder find the 'Cityscape Squares Tiles' extract it. Now you need to find witch file you need to overwrite, Cliff0.blp or Cliff1.blp, one of those is ''Lordaeron Fall Dirt cliff tiles''. Rename the extracted file Cliffo.blp or Cliff1.blp and import it in the map as i told you before. Then you have replace the common terrain texture that is grass or dirt. To do so in the mMPQmaster find the texture for the terrain \TerrainArt\CityScape\City_SquareTiles.blp and extract it. then import it in the map and rename it like thiswith custom path \TerrainArt\LordaeronFall\Lordf_Dirt.blp. Now Close and restart the editor and it should be done.

I attached a map with the Lodaeron cliffs grass changed to the city scape. Just open the Import manager and see the files. You can export those file and import them in your map. Just remember to change the names, if you want dirt just change Cliff1.blp to Cliff0.blp and the other file to \TerrainArt\LordaeronFall\Lordf_Dirt.blp

Remember that with this changes you can't use the normal grass texture anyomre on that map. Well you can use it by import the texture with another name but you will overwrite another one

I hope i helped

Attachments

• changedCliffs.w3m
    183.9 KB · Views: 59
Level 5
That works for switching the tile textures, but the city cliffs don't become straight, so I would need to switch to Cityscape or Icecrown Glacier as a base tileset.

I tried it with them but found that both of my cliffs use Cliff1.blp as a texture (because I still need to use tilesetter.exe to get 16 tiles), so changing Cliff1.blp always changes both cliffs. I suspect that I need tilesetter.exe to include a cliff using Cliff0.blp and change that cliff's texture.

Level 9
Well if you create another map with Cityscape base tileset, you will ne able to use both. You change the purple stones textures with the grey ones for cliffs and you import the grass texture for the dirt cliffs. So one is Cliff0 (grey stones) and the other is Cliff1 (grass). If both uses the cliff1.blp just import one of those as cliff0.blp and you can use both

Level 5
Purple stones? Isn't that the Dalaran tileset?

Currently stuck at this point, by the way: It mostly looks fine, but the colour is off.

I started a map with Cityscape and switched out the
City_Dirt.blp with Lordaeron Fall_Grass.blp (named as City_Dirt.blp), and
Cliff0 with Lordaeron Fall_GrassCliff.blp (named as Cliff0.blp).

Attachments

• discoloured.png
    discoloured.png
    904.9 KB · Views: 118
  • import.png
    import.png
    3.9 KB · Views: 63
Level 5
Alright, I finally fixed it. Thank you very much, wc3neverdies!

The problem seems to have been that the tilesets were not named properly in the pack I used from this tutorial. The cliffs for Lordaeron Fall Grass and Village Fall Grass are mixed up, I think. Or, at least, switching them fixed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.