• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is it possible to add both cliff tiles together?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Here is my EXACT problem. I have downloaded some cool tile skins BUT the problem is i need to use both of them. But the problem is, cliff tiles may not be added, moved or replaced

Is there a way to get rid of this? I need to use both tile's few textures together :(

I need to use Lordaeron Summer Grass OR Lordaeron Winter Glass in Village Tileset

Last edited:
Level 6
Can't you modify the paths so it overwrites another tile? I'm not an expert on this part but maybe searching for alternative cliff paths will help.

Level 17
Ok then is there a way to replace tile path? I need to use Village Grass Tile BUT Village Dirt and Lordaeron Summer Dirt grasses needed too because map author made the cliff i wanted for the Lordaeron Summer and Winter. And rest of them Vilage.

Level 6
Maybe you could add in two spare cliffs and replace these tiles? That's what I kinda mean. WC3 is hard coded to have 16 tiles at limit, so if you have spare tiles you can do that, and then use the imported paths to change these to that of the default cliff tiles.

Level 17
Level 6
I just explained to you though. You only need to add an existing cliff tile that you don't plan to use to your tileset and then change the imported path to replace that cliff's tile, which should work. You would just have to search to find the actual paths for these, because I don't know them.

Status
Not open for further replies.