• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem with imported terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi! I'm using importing terrain and cliffs textures in my map, since WE doesn't allow to have Lordaeron Summer (dark) grass and Lordaeron Fall (dark) grass on the same map. I'm also using two kind of leave textures; the Ashenvale leaves textures and an imported one that is suposed to be the Lordaeron Fall leaves. Every texture works properly, but the Lordaeron Fall leaves. Somehow when I combine it with the Lordaeron Fall grass texture it turns into a leaves square, I don't know why. Well that's the problem, I hope someone could help me. Thanks in advance!

Here's a screenshot of the problem:

Fall Leaves.JPG

Notes: The tileset of the map is Lordaeron Summer terrain. The L. Fall leaves texture is using the barrens dirt path (TerrainArt\Barrens\Barrens_Dirt.blp), but I think that's not the problem because I used a lot of paths trying to solve the problem. If you have another way to do this please post it.

Level 3
I don't understand what you say, but yes. They're imported, and the Lordaeron Fall textures replace textures' default paths.

The L. Fall grass imported texture replaces the L. Summer Dirt (TerrainArt\LordaeronSummer\Lords_Dirt.blp)

The L. Fall dark grass imported texture replaces the Outland cracked dirt
(TerrainArt\Outland\Outland_DirtCracked.blp)

The L. Fall leaves imported texture replaces the Barrens dirt
(TerrainArt\Barrens\Barrens_Dirt.blp)

And the L. Fall cliff replaces the L. Summer dirt cliff
(ReplaceableTextures\Cliff\Cliff0.blp)

Level 12
The imported texture is probally missing some parts, and thus doesnt merge properly with the tiles.

Is it possible that you could give us a link to the recource? That way we can tell if its war3 or the texture that is giving you this problem.

Level 3
JNGP allows you to have any combination of tiles you want. I would reccomend doing that instead of imported a bunch of things you already have access to.

What do you mean? I'm sorry, I don't get it.

Level 3
Sorry for double-posting, but I've found the problem. When I extracted and exported the leaves texture from the image extractor, I saved it as JPG, instead of saving it as TGA. So, when I edited it, some parts of the tileset were missing. That's why it didn't show properly on the WE. Thanks for your answers, somehow they helped me to solve this problem ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.