• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Question about structures in WE and when testing the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hey everyone!. I am very new to mapmaking and I just started designing small area of a town. Here is the screenshot of what I did in WE:
1653754098165.png

And it looks great to me, but then I wanted to test the map and see how it looks when you are playing and the buildings and trees disappeared and they are half buried for some reason. Here is the picture:
1653754334414.png

I tried with other buildings and some other doodads and it's still broken. Can someone help me or knows the reason as to why it's happening? I appreciate any help in advance.

Level 20
I can see why you might be slightly disappointed by the results ingame. You are using reforged graphics in we and classic graphics ingame. I am not so familiar with reforged but if you are using custom models they might be incompatible with classic or you added them wrong.

If you are using classic graphics and wish to switch to it in we you go into File > Preferences > General > Asset mode > SD and restart we.

Level 5
I can see why you might be slightly disappointed by the results ingame. You are using reforged graphics in we and classic graphics ingame. I am not so familiar with reforged but if you are using custom models they might be incompatible with classic or you added them wrong.

If you are using classic graphics and wish to switch to it in we you go into File > Preferences > General > Asset mode > SD and restart we.
Thank you very much! Yes you are right, I just switched to Reforged graphics because when I tried to switch to classic graphics in WE, it would be invisible or would appear as a cube in WE, but in game it was fine. I do worry though that when I finish my map, what if people play on classics graphics?

Last edited:
Level 7
I do worry though that when I finish my map, what if people play on classics graphics?
That is a tradeoff, I suppose. When making a map with details based on graphics, it will be dependent on graphic mode. You'll probably just want to make a note that it works with Reforged graphics, and no guarantee on look with classic mode.

Level 18
I do worry though that when I finish my map, what if people play on classics graphics?
There's a map setting for which modes a map can be played in: SD graphics only, HD graphics only, or both (the default).
If you set it to HD only your map will not be playable for people who haven't bought reforged, but if the map looks bad in classic graphics anyways then that may be the best choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.