• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Import] WE immediately closing when loading up a map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
While I'm working on my map, I imported two models (Model of the Villager woman with two different skins), saved the map, then restarted the editor..

My problem is that when I opened my map again, the WE immediately disappears (No crash reports, No nothing) when it's loading Doodads (specifically when it's loaded about 1100 - 1200 doodads).

I can only load it properly when I open the latest non bugged version of my map, then the bugged version.. This problem started occuring when I imported those two models.. Can you guys help me find out what's my problem here?

BTW, When I succesfully opened the bugged maps, the two imported model are working properly.. But I think they are the ones causing this problem.. :/

EDIT: Uploaded the two Villager Woman models and a Doodad model just in case you need to take a look at it..

The villager woman and the doodad uses one texture..

Attachments

• CalmonOld.mdx
    73.6 KB · Views: 62
  • CalmonOld_Portrait.mdx
    20.3 KB · Views: 65
  • V2.2VillagerFemaleSimkitty181.BLP
    122 KB · Views: 51
  • CalmonGreen.mdx
    73.6 KB · Views: 64
  • CalmonGreen_Portrait.mdx
    20.3 KB · Views: 64
  • VillagerWoman.blp
    198.7 KB · Views: 52
  • dress_green.mdx
    2.6 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Level 23
The models work fine for me.

Make sure the texture paths are
VillagerWoman.blp
V2.2VillagerFemaleSimkitty181.BLP

Yep, the paths were right.. Tried removing the imported models but it didn't solve the problem..

This happens to me when i tried to open SotP for some codes.

Does it happen when it's loading the doodads too? maybe it's the same problem..

Level 10
Then... can you upload your map to here ??
EDIT :
BTW, When I succesfully opened the bugged maps, the two imported model are working properly.. But I think they are the ones causing this problem.. :/

EDIT: Uploaded the two Villager Woman models and a Doodad model just in case you need to take a look at it..
I think the Doodad's path is the problem because it bugs up my map before:ogre_haosis:

Level 23
Try optimize the map ! With w3 map optimizer.

You do know that I'm still developing this map right? and Optimizing it will make it un-editable?

Hey guys, I tried opening it in JNPG WE and this warning message showed up..

222907-albums6224-picture67095.jpg

If I clicked yes, the map will load but will stop when it's loading about 1200 Doodads (same time that the normal WE disappears) then shows the error message at the left..

If I clicked no, the map will not load and instead show the error message at the bottom...

Level 23
Hard to say but my guess would be a corrupted import. Are there some 0 kb imports, that is one way to detect corrupted ones. If an import is really small, it will show up as o kb but that's okay.

Do you think Mdx pather could corrupt things? I followed this tutorial [How to use different skins associated with the same model] and I think mdx pather is the one which corrupted the last two imports.. The way Mdx pather works is kinda suspicious... to me anyways..

Level 23
Hey guys, I tried testing the bugged maps and when they finished loading, TFT closed, like the WE, without any crashes or errors.. Now I'm getting desperate..

Though I think I have a solution but It would be a great hassle to do.. Since I've only been making the terrain and the only new imports I have are those two (Bugged?)Models I think I'll just c'n'p the terrain and doodads from the latest map into the last one that did not bug or into a new one.. But the problem is that I'm lowering / hovering doodads too much and c'n'p'ing will cause these doodads to reset to their normal heights.. Is there a way to prevent Doodad height resetting?

Level 30
Maybe it is corrupted but Maker can open this. So this might be the case, some Warcraft... I dont know why but when you uploaded a specific doodad, it will close without further notice or sometimes Crash or Fatal Error. Maybe this is your case. Like me, when I uploaded a model here in Hive, my map suddenly crashed but it can also be without further notice.

Level 14
This is very obscure, but I had a similar problem. I have a campaign where certain maps would not work. I realized that what these maps had in common was a waterfall model. It was the regular WC3 waterfall and the only thing i changed was their color for the minimap. This may not be what you're looking for at all, but I would look at your custom doodads and make sure you haven't tried to set any of them to have a custom color on the minimap. Like I said, obscure, but it saved my maps.

EDIT: Ah hell, I just realized you can't open your map to do that anyway. Sorry man

Level 23
This is very obscure, but I had a similar problem. I have a campaign where certain maps would not work. I realized that what these maps had in common was a waterfall model. It was the regular WC3 waterfall and the only thing i changed was their color for the minimap. This may not be what you're looking for at all, but I would look at your custom doodads and make sure you haven't tried to set any of them to have a custom color on the minimap. Like I said, obscure, but it saved my maps.

EDIT: Ah hell, I just realized you can't open your map to do that anyway. Sorry man

I did have tree models with custom minimap color, but that's not the case.. I have been using custom colors of doodads since I started making this map and nothing happened, I guess it was those two models that corrupted this map..

and based on the previous comments.. I'll just have to start over with the uncorrupted maps.. anyways thanks to y'all

EDIT:
Oh, and I can still open it, I just have to open an uncorrupted map first then the corrupted one.. :3

Level 14
Oh, and I can still open it, I just have to open an uncorrupted map first then the corrupted one.. :3

That's good. Maybe you can still figure out what's wrong with it, who knows it could be anything

Well I hope you hadn't done too much and lost it all. I have gotten in the habit of making backups that I save before adding more imports. I usually save them before doing any custom script in my triggers too. Good luck with your project.

Level 6
I did have tree models with custom minimap color, but that's not the case.. I have been using custom colors of doodads since I started making this map and nothing happened, I guess it was those two models that corrupted this map..

and based on the previous comments.. I'll just have to start over with the uncorrupted maps.. anyways thanks to y'all

EDIT:

Well if thats the case let me suggest..if your planning to continue the uncorrupted one... EXPORT THE OBJECT FILES and ALL TRIGGER FILES from your Corrupted one...then AFTER ..xport it to your uncorrupted map.

Dude pls. follow this tips..

ALWAYS AND ALWAYS AND ALWAYS!...HAVE A COPY OF YOUR MAP!...every time you make a 30% progress!!!..in this way if your gets corrupted..it will be easy for you to begin again!!!...ALWAYS HAVE A COPY OF YOUR MAP!...

Level 23
Well if thats the case let me suggest..if your planning to continue the uncorrupted one... EXPORT THE OBJECT FILES and ALL TRIGGER FILES from your Corrupted one...then AFTER ..xport it to your uncorrupted map.

Dude pls. follow this tips..

ALWAYS AND ALWAYS AND ALWAYS!...HAVE A COPY OF YOUR MAP!...every time you make a 30% progress!!!..in this way if your gets corrupted..it will be easy for you to begin again!!!...ALWAYS HAVE A COPY OF YOUR MAP!...

Dude please.. Don't use CAPS that much.. IT LOOKS LIKE YOU'RE SHOUTING AT ME FOR NO REASON OKAAAYYYY????

and for your info, I'm already doing that.. I'm saving every 10 minutes.. but I just had too much progress in a short time that I wasn't able to save..

Anyways thanks fow da tips.. ;3

if u use JNGP then backups r saved periodically in the backup folder. that may help u not lose much of ur data and editing.

Okay, thnaks for the tip.. :3

Level 6
why no try reimporting it? (or what I am trying to say is download the model again from the net and import it again to get a ''fresh'' copy)

Level 7
In terms of corruption, did you remove any geoset? If you remove a geoset but still have a geoset animation that refers to removed geoset the model will crash. My map kept randomly crashing in WE until I found which model was causing this, when you have 100+ models in your map thats no mean feat!

Also models with positive minimun extends and negative max extends will also cause corruption.

Level 7
Maybe the program, mdx Pather somehow messed up other parts of the model. It's so easy changing paths anyway though, I use a combination of mangos model editor, WC viewer, mdl editor and a converter tool for my model editing.

Ok after I've listed down it does sound like alot of programs but works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.