• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] WE Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hello,
A story of a crash. If you don't want to read skip to text in bold, but it will give you a better idea how the problem occured.

Here is the situation:
I am working on a map. The creator sent me an old version of the map on which I had to do some triggering. I was working on it when he sent me a new version of the map. Right... Now I have to import all the triggers on it.

I imported all the stuff. Everything is ok. I hit "test", everything is ok, war3 starts, map is initializing and suddenly power is cut out -_- (nice timing)

When the power came back I opened the map (new version, after importing triggers) and WE crashed while loading the map -_-
Tried the new version (before import) = WE crash -_-
I had all the triggers saved on older version, so I though of deleting everything I had (new versions) and re-downloading it then importing all the triggers again.
But NO, WE still crashes.

The old version I had is working 100%. Tried a few other maps and they are working too.

I noticed that the map is crashing when loading doodad 50/178 (every time) but I do believe it is WE side error as it crashes even when I deleted everything I had and re-downloaded the map (I could open it earlier) amd other maps are openable.

So what could have happened to WE and any idea how to fix it ?

Edit// As it is very import heavy map (7 MB most of which models) , could it be that WE can't read the model/skin of a doodad for some reason ?
The earlier version is only 2 MB so there are a lot of new models...

Last edited by a moderator:
It could be that your map got corrupted as your power went out. That happened to me a few times, and it really sucks (unless you have a backup).

You should check the Warcraft III/Maps/Test folder for your map, and check jassnewgenpack/backups folder to see if you have a version that will open in the editor.

Btw, what error do you get? (What does the error say? Or does it just close/freeze?) It is possible for certain models to crash WE, so that could be an issue too. But it really depends, there are a lot of reasons why it could crash.

Level 12
Got it solved. Somehow video setings were restored to deffault. Changed them to "high" and the map is openable again.

I did check if the map was openable by JNGP but the answer was :goblin_boom:.

The error was something of the sort:
"This program has stopped working properly: Windows will check for solution of this problem"

Status
Not open for further replies.