• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] World Editor Crashes when opening map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I decided to work on the map I submitted into the Mapping Madness #3 contest (Lemoncraft), but for some reason when I try to open the map the editor crashes (see attachments).

I've re-installed warcraft and redownloaded the Jass New Gen WE and it is still crashing. I haven't tried opening the map in an MPQ editor yet.

What's strange is I can make a test map that uses the same function that is supposedly crashing the editor with no problem... I've tried several different versions of the map (including older ones), as well as the map that I posted in the Map Development forum.

The map is unprotected, and I haven't had this problem with it before. I also haven't tried opening it for months, so I'm curious what's causing it?

I'm quite certain it's something local. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

EDIT* I should probably mention it crashes the standard editor as well.

Link:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/lemoncraft-269077/

Attachments

• Error1.PNG
    Error1.PNG
    13.6 KB · Views: 367
  • Error2.PNG
    Error2.PNG
    47.3 KB · Views: 434
Level 11
Sorry, for Double Post, but I solved the problem after several hours of digging.

For those who are interested here's how I did it:

Using an MPQ Editor, I had to open the War3map.j and replace one line:

JASS:
call DisplayTextToPlayer( Player(0), 0, 0, "TRIGSTR_459" )
with
JASS:
DisplayTextToForce( GetPlayersAll(), "TRIGSTR_459" )

Then I also had to open the war3map.wtg and change the following line (from the top image to the bottom image), EXACTLY as it is shown:

Code:
[IMG]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=151834&stc=1&d=1453519733[/IMG]

TO

Code:
[IMG]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=151833&stc=1&d=1453519733[/IMG]

Of course, this doesn't explain why DisplayTextToPlayer inexplicably just decided to stop working, but nevertheless, I worked around it (painfully).

Attachments

• Fix1.PNG
    Fix1.PNG
    4.5 KB · Views: 188
  • Error3.PNG
    Error3.PNG
    3.9 KB · Views: 187
Level 11
You might have had a corrupted common.j imported into the map... or in your scripts in your wc3 folder.

It made me lose my mind why InitHashtableBJ() didnt work. (GUI function of "Hashtable - Create Hashtable")

That's what I thought, but I even tried to open it on a different computer with the same error, after re-installing warcraft 3 on my main box. It's just odd that the exact same error was occuring on 4 versions of the map when I know for a fact I had not had this problem when working on the map for the contest...

The only possible thing I can think of is maybe I added that function in one of those versions and then never actually closed the map/editor while I was working on it (and creating new versions), since it was just a weekend contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.