• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Miscellanous / Other] LemonCraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
LemonCraft
By PublishedShadow

About:

This was a map that I recently created for the Weekend Mapping Madness #3 contest.
We had 3 days to create a map and present it for the contest.
Even though that the contest is now over, I decided to continue my work and will be continuing development here in this forum.

Description:

LemonCraft is a single player Simulator game in which you control and expand your Lemonade Stand business.
You start off the game playing as young Timmy, a preschool aged entrepreneur who recently learned about business in school.
You must purchase your ingredients and then combine them to create different batches of Lemonade.
Different amounts of Ingredients directly effect the type of Lemonade created and how many glasses the Batch Makes.
Once you have opened your Lemonade Stand, people will stop and you can sell them Lemonade.

Objective:

Customers will stop at your Lemonade Stand and you must place their order.
Once an order is taken, you must do your best to fill the customers order.
Getting the Order right makes them Happy and will increase your profit.
An Incorrect Order will make them made and negatively effect your business.

Features:

The game features a lot of different variables to help simulate a Lemonade Stand's environment.

Different Variables are:
-Customer Happiness
-Randomization of Lemonade Orders
-Popularity
-Day/Night Cycle (Determines how long you can sell Lemonade)
-Lemonade Combination system
-Unit Type/Spawn Location

New additions:

[LemonCraft v1.2]

Main Changes:
  • Improved Terrain (Modern Environment)
  • Better Spawn System
  • Tweaked Player Energy System

-----------------------------------
Additions/Changes:
-----------------------------------
:ADDITIONS/CHANGES:

Spawn System
- Added OPEN/CLOSE STAND ability to Lemonade Stand (People still spawn, but won't stop to order)
- Customers always spawn during the day, only stop at Lemonade Stand if it's Open.

Day/Night Cylce
-Faster Day Night Cycle (Reduced from 360 to 300 seconds)
-Fix Fade Filter; Sleep above hero no Longer Shows
-Making Batch ability uses 2 hours of day light as well as energy.
-Chores no longer Require Mana, but once you do chores, you can only do chores again after 3 days have passed.
-Chores can only be done before bed time and if you have over 50% energy for the day.
-Map Gets Darker every Hour at Night
-Fireflies Appear after 7PM

OTHER
-Added Modern Terrain
-Added Modern Buildings

ICONS
-Changed Some Ability Icons

:::::::::::::::::::::::
BUG FIXES
:::::::::::::::::::::::

-Fixed Night Time Bug where Timmy doesn't lose energy.
-Fixed Bug where you lose the Ability to Order.
-Fixed Item Bug with Watered Down Lemonade.
-The Special Effect/Lemonade Buff on Customer who hasn't ordered no longer appears.

Version 1.2 In-Game Screenshots
attachment.php

For Comparison, you can check out the original contest version here:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2718657-post162.html

Final Note: This is still technically early beta... I still have a lot more planned, and LOT more polishing to do, so shoot me some input below :)

Attachments

• LemonCraft1.2.jpg
    LemonCraft1.2.jpg
    321.7 KB · Views: 304
  • Lemoncraft v1.2.w3x
    3.9 MB · Views: 84
Level 11
I'm going to keep my Planned updates separate from the main post for readability.
Once I finish the updates in this post, the plans here will be moved up and new plans will go in their place.
( I have lot more plans...)
Version 1.3 Plans:

Other
-Reduce Grass Clutter
-Add Camera Functions
-Rework Popularity system
-Customers are only Happy if Happiness is above 75%.
-Happiness System Improvements
-Experience System Tweaks
-Units turn torwards Timmy at stand
-Tooltip Changes
-Icon improvements (Passive/Imported)
-Gold Earned variables for Selling Lemonade
-Floating Text Improvements
-Interface Changes

-Tutorial

Spawn System
- Create better Spawn Timer Formula
- More Realistic Pathing (Exits)

Multiboard Improvements
-Add Day Number
-Add Chores Available/NotAvailable
-Add Sales Made
-Add Happiness Percentage
-Add Popularity (Positive or Negative Number)
-Gold Earned

Last edited:
Cute map. ;D

I played it for a bit and it was pretty fun, and I enjoyed the tooltips.

• The frame rate was suffering. It ran at around 15-18 fps on my computer. Try to reduce the grass clutter and perhaps tweak the camera a bit (the farZ in particular) to improve fps.
  • Make the passive abilities have passive icons. It might not seem that important, but it helps the user a lot, especially if they're just starting out. And it'll make the map a lot more polished.
  • The 'sleep' ability from the house should be instant cast rather than targeted. Unless you can make other people sleep in your house? :p
  • When you try to throw something out and you're not close to the dumpster, you should give an error message. I was trying to throw out some sour lemonade, and I was confused as to why it wasn't working until the game hint came a while later.
  • If possible, add a tutorial play-through session of some sorts to the beginning of the map. Most of it was pretty intuitive, but it will help people get started. :) For example, you can have things disabled at first and have limited abilities. A customer would walk in, and the game would tell you what to do and how to respond to it. The kid would start off with no abilities besides moving/serving a customer, and only the ingredient stand and the lemonade stand would be active. Then you can activate the dumpster and show them how to use that, and then activate the house at the end so they can sleep or do chores.

I like the idea, and the music fits well. :3

Level 11
Cute map. ;D

I played it for a bit and it was pretty fun, and I enjoyed the tooltips.

I like the idea, and the music fits well. :3

Thanks bunches!

• The frame rate was suffering. It ran at around 15-18 fps on my computer. Try to reduce the grass clutter and perhaps tweak the camera a bit (the farZ in particular) to improve fps.
Good to know about the grass/far-z and your FPS... I'll tone that stuff down (I used way more grass than I needed to).

• If possible, add a tutorial play-through session of some sorts to the beginning of the map. Most of it was pretty intuitive, but it will help people get started. :) For example, you can have things disabled at first and have limited abilities. A customer would walk in, and the game would tell you what to do and how to respond to it. The kid would start off with no abilities besides moving/serving a customer, and only the ingredient stand and the lemonade stand would be active. Then you can activate the dumpster and show them how to use that, and then activate the house at the end so they can sleep or do chores.

I was actually wondering about a tutorial and had some ideas in my head... That'll probably be added soon.

• Make the passive abilities have passive icons. It might not seem that important, but it helps the user a lot, especially if they're just starting out. And it'll make the map a lot more polished.

Yes, I'm still working on finding the right ones, as of now the ones being used are more or less place-holders until I find better passive ones that fit my theme.

• The 'sleep' ability from the house should be instant cast rather than targeted. Unless you can make other people sleep in your house? :p
  • When you try to throw something out and you're not close to the dumpster, you should give an error message. I was trying to throw out some sour lemonade, and I was confused as to why it wasn't working until the game hint came a while later.

Sleep from the house, agreed, it makes more sense to be instant cast and will be changed.
The Error message with the dumpster, I keep forgetting to put that in =p

I went ahead and added some of these to my plans for next version in the post above. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.