• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cause for corruption?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hey there, can object data be cause for map corruption?
BTW i'm using WE unlimited, and works fine with older versions of map, but the latest time i edited the map i did some abilities tooltips changes and making them dynamic, deleted some abilities, few unit settings changes and then i went to save the map, it did so fine. But when you start the map to play, it loads 80% and crashes to windows.

What may be the cause for this? Some specific ability that can corrupt the whole map?
I'm 99% certain the error is in the objects, since when i imported object data from newer version to older version, then map crashes on load, otherwise it works properly.
I also used tool-tip creator for some of the tooltips, i don't know if that important.

I also opened it with blizzard editor, saved it as a new file, but the crash still occurs on map load.
any help?

Level 5
yeah WE is a bit stupid program due to stuff like that, though i really think it has actually to do more with some object data, rather than the WE editor itself.

Any specific ability that may cause corruption, or something of that sort?

Thing is i would revert to older version, but I've done at least 3 hours of tedious work, so if no one is able to enlighten me about what may be the cause the the corruption, then I'm going to just start again from the older version.

Level 5
WOW I found out the cause, it was a single stupid spell, for some reason dynamic reading of output isn't possible.
And best of all not much effort put into it, I first reset all normal abilities to default and that was not the cause, then deleted all custom abilities and the map loads perfectly, then i systematically checked race specific abilities and viola there was the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.