• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WE Crashes When Map Loads

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am recently experiencing a problem regarding a map which I have been working on, or rather a map template of sorts which is based around the Warcraft II era.

Here are the details of problem which I've been having. The World Editor keeps crashing everytime I've tried to load it and I think it has something to do with a model that I've tried to fix and was then imported back into the map, and if I can't open it in the WE somehow then I am not sure on how to remove it. I've also opened it with PowerMPQ and I can't delete the affected file, even though I've tried to. Has anyone got any idea on how to do this? If not, then I will submit the map here for anyone who wants to take a look.

I would really appreciate it if someone helps me out!

My only guess would be using some other kind of MPQ tool to remove the corrupted model. There are quite a few of them in the tools section. If you're on Windows XP, you could try WinMPQ.

I'm on Windows 7 so I'm not sure if WinMPQ would even work. I've also looked at several other MPQ tools but they don't seem to meet my needs at the moment. Thanks for the help, though!

EDIT: Ah, nevermind. I've ued MPQ Master and I seem to be able to delete the affected file now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.