• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Question about statis trap stun buff art

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Is it possible to change the stunned buff art of units that are stunned by a statis trap? For example, if a statis trap goes off, all units in range of it get the "webbed" buff art instead of the swirly stun one...

Level 3
Daelin said:
But web is not the same thing with stun you know...

I know, I still want the units to be "stunned" however I was wondering if you could replace the swirly stun buff art with something else like a web for example.

Level 3
Ok I guess a trigger is needed. Here is the tooltip of the ability I'm trying to create, what would you recommend? It is based off of statis trap, and the statis trap unit it summons has the ghost ability removed (so it doesnt turn invisible), the bundled up web model, divine armor, and targeting priority set high.

[Nent]
Name=Net Trap
Tip=|cffffcc00N|ret Trap - [|cffffcc00Level 1|r],|cffffcc00N|ret Trap - [|cffffcc00Level 2|r],|cffffcc00N|ret Trap - [|cffffcc00Level 3|r]
Ubertip="Places a lure on the ground to attract target units to the trap. Once the trap springs, it will ensnare the triggering unit as well as any in the area of effect. 10 second activation delay, 6 second entrapment.","Places a lure on the ground to attract target units to the trap. Once the trap springs, it will ensnare the triggering unit as well as any in the area of effect. 8 second activation delay, 8 second entrapment.","Places a lure on the ground to attract target units to the trap. Once the trap springs, it will ensnare the triggering unit as well as any in the area of effect. 6 second activation delay, 10 second entrapment."
Hotkey=N
Researchtip="Learn |cffffcc00N|ret Trap - [|cffffcc00Level %d|r]"
Researchubertip="Places a lure on the ground to attract target units to the trap. Once the trap springs, it will ensnare the triggering unit as well as any in the area of effect. |n|n|cffffcc00Level 1|r - <Nent,Data11> second activation delay, <Nent,Data14> second entrapment. |n|cffffcc00Level 2|r - <Nent,Data21> second activation delay, <Nent,Data24> second entrapment. |n|cffffcc00Level 3|r - <Nent,Data31> second activation delay, <Nent,Data34> second entrapment."
Researchhotkey=N
EditorSuffix= (Nerubian Warrior)

It says it "ensnares" units, however I don't care if the units are stunned instead, since it's based off of statis trap, but I do want a "webbed" or "ensnared" graphic to be on all the units in the area of effect.

Level 11
So they should be ensnared actually, right? Hmm... ok, I will try to make it soon. My only problem is that I am already working at a couple of requests. Hmm....

Triggers.

Event - An starts the effect of an ability
Conditions - Ability being cast equal to (Yourability)
Actions - Wait 10.00 seconds.
- Wait for Condition (number of units within 500 range of (Last Created Unit) Matching Condition (((Matching Unit) belongs to an enemy of (Casting Unit)) equal to true) greater than 0
- Pick up every unit within 500 range of (Last Created Unit) Matching Condition (((Matching Unit) belongs to an enemy of (Casting Unit)) equal to true) and do actions
-> Create one dummy unit at position of (Picked Unit)
-> Order (Last Created Unit) to Ensnare (Picked Unit)
-> Wait 1.00 seconds
-> Remove (Last Created Unit)

Some stuff may need ajustments. I made this in a hurry so I should have some errors. I find JASS now more useful in these cases but oh well....

Status
Not open for further replies.