• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Triggering,Effect, Spell Speed & Buff Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
For a few, ive got a few questions and some tried attempts in fixing it, but have failed

Legend
(Q) - Question
(E) - Further Explaination
(H) - Hypothesis and attempted fix

1)
(Q) Effect created upon hitting of a passive ability

(E) For example, i want a special effect to be casted upon the target or the user whenever it is activated, pretty much like the special effect in DOTA's Faceless Void's backtrack

(H) What ive tried so far are basic triggers, One of which is

Event
Unit starts casting an ability
Conditions
Ability being cast = Critical Strike (example)
Actions
Create special effect with model (thunder Clap) at target of ability being cast's origin (example)

That trigger didnt work, so im pretty stumped on this

------------------------------------------

2)

(Q) Speed Cap of cluster Rockets

(E) i wanted to reduce Cluster Rocket's missle speed to like, 250, however it seemed to be capped at like, 500, as it was moving roughly the same speed as a max speed(522) unit

(H) i couldnt come up with any attempted ideas to fix this

-------------------------------------

3)

(Q) Missle/Wave impact effect on target (Carrion Swarm & Stampede)

(E) Okay, as pretty much alot of people know, Carrion Swarm and Stampede's missle/wave impact effect cant be changed through custom spells, the only way is to change it through the default Carrion Swarm or Stampede effect to the desired effect, but doing so will cause all other types of Swarm or Stampede spells to have that effect

(H) what i want is the carrion swarm effect to be able to be changed without setting the default spell impact. Any help will be apprectiated

-----------------------------------

4)

(Q) Statis trap stun buff alteration

(E) What i wanted was the Statis Trap Stun(Pause) buff to be changed, however the effect was only changeable thru the default Stun(Pause) itself, thus rendering spells like Inferno to have the same stun buff as the trap

(H) While it was the lesser of two evils, it would be good if i could change the stun Buff of the statis trap without causing the Inferno stun buff to change as well

Any help will be of a great help and i thank you in advance
~Spyda

Level 9
1:

Make an ability based off Evasion with 0% chance on all levels and design it (description, icon, etc.)
Then create a trigger like this:

Events:
A unit is attacked
Conditions:
// if the ability is on attacks like critical strike:
Level of [ability] for attacking unit is greater than 0
// else, if it's like evasion, add
Level of [ability] for attacked unit is greater than 0
Actions:
// you can add here what you want
// the chance is calculated through this formula:
If (conditions):
(Random real number between 1 and 100) Greater Than Or Equal To ([chance_in_percent or if it changes through levels - real((level of [ability] for [attacking/attacked unit])) +/*/:/- [something])
Then (actions):
[actions]
Else (actions):
[actions/Do Nothing]

2:
I don't come up with many ideas, but you could make the ability based on Heal Spray, change missile speed and animation and realise the effect via triggers.
Or create dummy units with animation like cluster rockets and make their ms = 250. Then again realise the whole damn thing with mega complicated triggers.

3:
If you mean the animation upon impact, create new ability based on Carrion Swarm, delete all animations and add them via triggers (Create Special Effect Attached To Unit).
Else if you mean the ability effect, again create new ability based on them, zero all necessary numbers and create the effect via triggers.

4:
Just create a custom buff based on Stun (Pause) and attach it to the stasis trap.
The drawback these abilities have is that they cannot accept other kind of buff types. So you have to create custom buffs for each ability where you want different effect -.-"

I hope I have helped.
~Interceptor

Level 3
I had made example solution for your question 1 and 4

Well , Question no.3 , i think you can't make it by triggering , only solution is to change the missle model .

About question number 2 , the solution is just same as question number 4 , that it , remake it by custom ability , but it is much more complicated than making statis trap . If you want , I can try to make you 1.

Attachments

• Answer.w3x
    27.9 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Level 12
In the following map there is your answer to questions 1 & 2, as for the rest - understand you I did not, but sure you need to trigger I am.
Question #1: Look at the trigger included and the ability itself.
Question #2: Look at the ability and spot what did I change.

Attachments

• demo map.w3x
    20.9 KB · Views: 53
Status
Not open for further replies.