• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Animation Speed???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello!

I've been trying to create a freezing spell, setting the animation speed of the target unit of that ability to 0% (to look like a real freeze) but after the end of the effect (or the buff) i can't manage to return his animation speed back to 100%... It never works through "Unit has Specific Buff" condition, nether on:

Actions
Wait x seconds
Animation - Change (Target unit of ability being cast)'s animation speed to 100% of its original speed

I tried even to create a dummy that would cast a spell after x seconds on the frozen unit, creating a trigger that would return the frozen target unit to normal as the effect of the freezing spell ends:

Freeze Trigger:

Event
A unit starts (or finishes casting a...) the effect ... ... ...
Conditions
Ability being cast equal to (freeze spell)
Actions
Create 1 (dummy) for Neutral Passive at ... facing ... angle
Unit - Add x seconds of generic time to last created unit
Wait x seconds
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Dryad - Abolish Magic Target unit of ability being cast

Dummy Trigger

Event
A unit starts casting an ability
Conditions
Ability being cast equal to (dummy ability - Abolish Magic)
Actions
Animation - Change (Target unit of ability being cast)'s animation speed to 100% of its original speed
Unit - Make Target unit of ability being cast Vulnerable

But no normal animation speed...
I tried also to make the freezed unit invulnerable (like in sleep ability) and then return it to vulnerable after a while just like i did above and it wont return it as well.

If someone could help me i'd be very thankful !

Level 5
Set the target unit to a variable, its more efficient that way. And dont use wait, use timer instead. Make it loop. Use this instead of wait.

Freezing Loop
Event- every 1 second
Condition
Action
-set freezecounter = freezecounter + 1
If-then-else
If condition - if freezecounter equal to 10(example you want it 10seconds)
Then- set freezetarget animation speed to 100%
- turn of this trigger
Else - ------ (dont put anything here, esp. the Do Nothing, it causes bugs)

So your spell should have 2 triggers, 1 for setting the variables and the other for the duration of freeze

Level 2
Set the target unit to a variable, its more efficient that way. And dont use wait, use timer instead. Make it loop. Use this instead of wait.

Freezing Loop
Event- every 1 second
Condition
Action
-set freezecounter = freezecounter + 1
If-then-else
If condition - if freezecounter equal to 10(example you want it 10seconds)
Then- set freezetarget animation speed to 100%
- turn of this trigger
Else - ------ (dont put anything here, esp. the Do Nothing, it causes bugs)

So your spell should have 2 triggers, 1 for setting the variables and the other for the duration of freeze

I did that and part of the targets won't change their animations speed, part of them change it after a few seconds of frost and then wont change it back after the frost is over =/
Here's what I did:

Freezing Trigger

Event
A unit starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) equal to Ultimate Freeze
Actions
Set TargetAbility = (Target unit of ability being cast)
Trigger - Turn on Freezing Loop <gen>
Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)

Freezing Loop

Events
Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
Set FreezeCounter = (FreezeCounter + 1)
If (All Conditions ar True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
Conditions
FreezeCounter Equal to 10
Actions
Animation - Change TargetAbility's animation speed to 0.00% of its original speed
Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
Else - Actions

Level 5
Dont turn off the first trigger, because when you cast the spell again nothing will happen. I dont get the second trigger though,is the slow supposed to take effect after 10 seconds? If that's the case, you should need another trigger to set the target's speed to normal after the duration of the freeze. Learn to use the trigger tags here. Right click your trigger name, copy as text and paste it here with the gui tag. ie: [GUI] *paste your trigger here* [/GUI]

Level 2
Dont turn off the first trigger, because when you cast the spell again nothing will happen. I dont get the second trigger though,is the slow supposed to take effect after 10 seconds? If that's the case, you should need another trigger to set the target's speed to normal after the duration of the freeze. Learn to use the trigger tags here. Right click your trigger name, copy as text and paste it here with the gui tag. ie: [GUI] *paste your trigger here* [/GUI]

Done! I removed the "Trigger - Turn off (this trigger)" from the first trigger and changed the condition of "FreezeCounter Equal to 10" to "FreezeCounter Equal to 1" on the second one (yea, the second trigger with that "Equal to 10" condition was just copying what you said hehehehe :p - not because i want it 10 seconds later)
So now all the units that are hit by the freeze spell get their animation set to 0 \o/ . Only remains the bug that when they get freed from the freeze they wont return their animation speed to normal.. =x
Can you suggest me a trigger that would stop that effect?
(btw I'm kinda new around posting threads here that's why the trouble while trying to use trigger tags lol)

Level 2
Done! I removed the "Trigger - Turn off (this trigger)" from the first trigger and changed the condition of "FreezeCounter Equal to 10" to "FreezeCounter Equal to 1" on the second one (yea, the second trigger with that "Equal to 10" condition was just copying what you said hehehehe :p - not because i want it 10 seconds later)
So now all the units that are hit by the freeze spell get their animation set to 0 \o/ . Only remains the bug that when they get freed from the freeze they wont return their animation speed to normal.. =x
Can you suggest me a trigger that would stop that effect?
(btw I'm kinda new around posting threads here that's why the trouble while trying to use trigger tags lol)

I ventured myself trying to create the trigger that would stop the 0 animation speed effect and the result were the following: only one (or the first) target settled his animation to 0 during the whole freeze effect, as well as it settled his animation back to 100% after the end of the effect, cause every single further target didn't even change their animation when the freeze hitted ¬¬
Here are the trigger changes:

-the second trigger changes:
[GUI]Freeze Loop
Then - Actions
Animation - Change TargetAbility's animation speed to 0.00% of its original speed
Trigger - Turn on Freeze Stop <gen>

Freeze Stop
Events
Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
Conditions
(TargetAbility has buff Ultimate Freeze) Equal to False
Actions
Animation - Change TargetAbility's animation speed to 100.00% of its original speed
Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)[/GUI]

Level 5
Oh wait, you did it wrong hahaha, you were supposed to change the animation speed to 0% in the first trigger and set it back to 100% in the second one after x seconds, or 10 in my example. I could make you the trigger, but I only have my phone right now.

Last edited:
Level 2
Oh wait, you did it wrong hahaha, you were supposed to change the animation speed to 0% in the first trigger and set it back to 100% in the second one after x seconds, or 10 in my example. I could make you the trigger, but I only have my phone right now.

Oh :hohum: hahahaha
Well, just changed it but it still having that bug where the first afflicted target changes his animation speed normally (including back to 100%), but thenceforth any other freeze effect ends followed by a motionless target unit (they won't get back to normal) =x

Cool! whenever you're avaliable I'd greatly appreciate if you could make me that trigger!

Attachments

• IceLordMap.w3x
    18.3 KB · Views: 54

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
WC3 GUI is so annoying at times. I have no idea why people prefer it over SC2 GUI...

Anyway in case you miss it, the solution is below. Should be fully MUI. Will produce strange results if another system also adjusts animation speed.

Attachments

• IceLordMap.w3x
    18.9 KB · Views: 74
Level 2
Thanks alot, Dr Super Good!
The spell works perfectly!
Thank you too very much, elm0 !
Whether you guys have a question, a non solved Thread, post it's title here or send it to me via message. I'd be glad if I could help you!

Thankfully

Status
Not open for further replies.