• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

trigger problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello! I made a spell with 1 dummy and it works. I want to know how to add for this spell 20 same dummies.

Here is my trigger.

Events - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions - ability being cast equal to Entagling Roots
Actions - Set p = Target point of ability being cast
- Unit - Create 1 tree(its a dummy) for owner of casting unit at p facing default building facing degrees
- Unit - Add a 3.00 sec generic expiration timer to (last created unit)
- Animation - play last created birth animation
- Animation - change last created unit's animation speed to 3000% of its original speed
- wait 2.00 seconds.
- unit - remove last created unit from the game
- Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_p)

Level 5
you`ve added 3 sec expiration timer to that unit, no need to remove it
if i`m not removing it will cause lag...you know, that dead tree ``body``is not disapear.
don't use wair, it can cause bug to your speel
if i`m not using wait my tree will not grow(appear)
i don't understand what do you want to do 20 same dummies?
i`m using dummies like an effect. My spell will be something like nature spell. And i need 20 dummies for a great effect. I asked about 20 dummies becouse i dont know how to make them disapear. If i`m using Action - Create 20 tree for owner blabla...only 1 will be removed.

Level 23
if i`m not removing it will cause lag...you know, that dead tree ``body``is not disapear.

Just edit your dummy. Change the Combat - Death Type to Can't raise, Does not decay.

if i`m not using wait my tree will not grow(appear)

It will appear since your dummy isn't killed immediately by the expiration timer. Note the 3 seconds expiration timer, that means the unit dies after 3 seconds.

i`m using dummies like an effect. My spell will be something like nature spell. And i need 20 dummies for a great effect. I asked about 20 dummies becouse i dont know how to make them disapear. If i`m using Action - Create 20 tree for owner blabla...only 1 will be removed.

This should work. But I didn't test it really.
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Entangling Roots
  • Actions
    • Set p = (Target point of ability being cast)
    • For each (Integer i) from 1 to 20, do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Unit - Create 1 Footman for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at p facing Default building facing degrees
        • Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        • Animation - Play (Last created unit)'s birth animation
        • Animation - Change (Last created unit)'s animation speed to 3000.00% of its original speed
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_p)

Level 5
Just edit your dummy. Change the Combat - Death Type to Can't raise, Does not decay.
This was the part which i didn't knew it:). Thanks a lot Green!X! That helps me a lot! And offtopic:p : How can i give you rep:D?

Status
Not open for further replies.