• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Spell] Buff model won't change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi,
it's my first time in these forums, and I'm new to triggers too.

Anyways, I started to make a mass freeze spell for myself where targets will freeze to place in a selected area (can't move, can attack + cast spells). I first tried with Entangling roots as parent spell for the dummy spell, but my targets couldn't attack. I then changed to Orc-Raider-Ensnare, but my buff on my targets will keep on showing nets rather than Ice. Even when I remove all buffs, it still shows nets.

Here is my trigger
  • Mass Root Copy
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Freeze
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within (300.00 + (50.00 x (Real((Level of Freeze for (Triggering unit)))))) of (Target point of ability being cast)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Picked unit)) facing 0.00 degrees
          • Unit - Add a 1.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Set FreezeLevel = (Level of Freeze for (Triggering unit))
          • Unit - Add Freeze(Dummy) to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Set level of Freeze(Dummy) for (Last created unit) to FreezeLevel
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Raider - Ensnare (Picked unit)
I removed buffs from my dummy's Freeze(Dummy) spell in the object editor, and I did make sure I took the Orc Raider's Ensnare to make the dummy spell.
Thanks in advance.

Level 1
Thanks for your reply.
I figured out the problem when I looked at Ensnare itself. It has 2 buffs (air) and (ground), while I was using the Ensnare(general) for my custom buff. I thought that because I set my "Targets Allowed" to ground targets only, that I wouldn't need an (air) buff. I reproduced the problem by making a similar spell -Stall- with only the (ground) buff, and it still didn't work. It only worked when I added the (air) buff with it (annoying for a spell that shouldn't need one :( ).

Thanks for reminding me about my leaks, I'll do my best to fix them. That is an awesome quick info on them since I wasn't too sure what they meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.