• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Question about critical strike text

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure the color is defined in UI/MiscData.txt (within war3.mpq). I don't think you can import a custom one just a map, though.

Most maps will just trigger the critical strike. It is pretty easy to do if you have a good damage detection system. For example, using Bribe's damage engine:
  • Critical Strike
    • Events
      • Game - DamageModifierEvent Equal to 1.00
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Random number between 1 and 100) Less than or Equal to 20
        • Then - Actions
          • Set DamageEventAmount = (DamageEventAmount * 2.0)
          • -------- Create floating text --------
        • Else - Actions
Something like that (20% chance to do 2x damage). Floating text -> link.

Do you mean the spell description? Or the damage taken that show in Red color after a crtical strike?

See the Game Interface.

Already looked there, thanks. =)

I'm pretty sure the color is defined in UI/MiscData.txt (within war3.mpq). I don't think you can import a custom one just a map, though.

Most maps will just trigger the critical strike. It is pretty easy to do if you have a good damage detection system. For example, using Bribe's damage engine:
  • Critical Strike
    • Events
      • Game - DamageModifierEvent Equal to 1.00
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Random number between 1 and 100) Less than or Equal to 20
        • Then - Actions
          • Set DamageEventAmount = (DamageEventAmount * 2.0)
          • -------- Create floating text --------
        • Else - Actions
Something like that (20% chance to do 2x damage). Floating text -> link.

Ah, so that is where it is... Too bad it's hardcoded. . . =(
Thanks, but I wanted to try something with critical strike. I shall try demolish next, thanks again you two.

Status
Not open for further replies.