• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pyritie's Adventure 2.3

Since November 2006 I have been working on this. In October 2007 this campaign became a hosted project of the Hive Workshop. Now, I present to you what me and my team have been working on since then.

Pyritie's Adventure is a campaign which tells a story about two brothers, one of which accidentally finds an ancient and powerful artifact. He learns that he must take the artifact through the four elemental dimensions, gathering the four orbs which were separated from the artifact centuries ago.

Old enemies will be encountered. Alliances will be formed and broken.

Oh, and all of the characters and residents are dragons!

There is a Chapter 2, but I don't know why it's not showing it.

Please give feedback in the hosted project forum. It is much easier for me to answer your questions there instead of on here. Thank you.

CHANGE LOG
v2.3 - (12/Apr/08) - Fixed a possible exploit with Headbutt
v2.2 - (17/Mar/08) - Fixed a few bugs and added some more camera controls
v2.1 - (13/Mar/08) - Added a few imports I deleted by accident
v2.0 - (12/Mar/08) - Added Chapter 2 - Journey to Dragonlitermorticae
v1.3.2a - (23/Jan/08) - Removed some unneeded imports
v1.3.2 - (21/Jan/08) - Hopefully fixed the wood and cave bugs.
v1.3.1 - (20/Jan/08) - Changed the camera system in the first map.

This campaign is no longer in production. Stop asking for Chapter 3.

Keywords:
campaign dragon pyritie epic adventure artifact
Contents

Pyritie's Adventure 2.3 (Campaign)

Reviews
12/5/12 - Vengeancekael: AHAHAHAHA THIS IS THE BEST PROJECT EVER AHAHAHAH. Edit: Anyway. Dr Super Good: Hosted project.
Level 5
PANCAKES!!!! I liked that part. My bro and I decided to restart the chapter over and over just to see who can score better at the pancakes thing... I won with a score of 12. Not a very good score compared to Pyritie's bro, though.

Anyway, the victory dialog doesn't come up, and I have to wait like 10 minutes, but I got bored so I used alt+q.

Pros
1. Wicked opening cutscene. Has a LotR feel to it when you first see those trees.
2. PANCAKES!!!!! that's a creative minigame there. Simple, but creative.
3. Pyritie's bro has some realistic attitude when you compare him with real life 11 year olds.

Cons
1. Pyritie seems to act too maturely for a 12 year old.
2. No victory dialog box.

Those are my comments. So far, it's turning out great though. I don't mind the icons.

Level 3
Hi Pyritie! I just played your campaign with chapter 2, and i discovered this annoying bug:
Even though you arent allied with scorch you can still control her before you gets allied.

Level 3
Oh and by the way, When you are doing the food quest. U need five Dilaur more else you dont have enough money

Level 6
Pyritie, I think I found something that rather ruins the feel of the game. You made it possible to get onto the ramparts of the Dragon town thing. You can walk all the way around to behind where the royalty is, and use Lirch's Headbutt to teleport down there. So you basically get into the room without doing anything. It still doesn't let you continue, but you can for some reason control Scorch. >_> The walk-on-top-of-walls idea is great, but I think it has a great potential to be abused.

But the walk on top of the walls thing is necessary in order to get to Scorch. Because there is construction in front of her part, and you have to go on the walls.

But the headbutt allowing you to do that? Hmm, that definitely has to be fixed; thanks for pointing that out.

But I really dunno why people can control scorch. You shouldn't, and I can't find any trigger that would let you. Very strange.

Level 2
this map is godly! But the camera is paintful and the headbutt spell can cause a lot of bugs. But the most favor thing i would like you to fix is the darn camera, i got sick for 3 days playing this map trying to pass chapter 2, and by the way, walking on top of walls is a cool idea :)

Level 5
I love It !!!!!!

there's just one problem, you might run outa space because you are already on 45 MB and the max is 100 MB. SO 15 MB per map might not make it if you
hav a:

begining (chapter 1)
the city (chapter 2)
the air portal (chapter 3)
the fire portal (or any other element) (chapter 4)
the water portal (chapter 5)
the earth portal (chapter 6)
the part where they finish it of by bringing it to a special place (climax) (chapter 7)
and the Credits (chapter 8)

if it is 15 MB per chapter then! it would equal 120 MB!!! then you can't post it!!! What will you do!?!?!?

on a more serious note:
I LOVE PANCAKES!!!!!!

Level 1
Control Others Bug

Pyritie, When i got to Dragonlitermorticae i clicked on a villager in accidence but i saw that i can control it with arrow keys, Same with the wolves in the forest. :nw:

I think this bug works on every unit ''includes other units''.

Last edited:
Level 1
Definitely give you a thumbs up for that! :thumbs_up:

I can't wait for the next map in this campaign; keep up the great work!

I have done the second mision thing and it stopped like that... where is the second chapter?
Huh? Can you elaborate more? What do you mean by "second mission thing"?
You can controll EVERY unit with the arrow keys...

A simple (Selected unit = to pyrite) thing should fix this.

I know. I've already fixed it, but I don't want to have to upload another version just for a simple bug like that.

Level 8
Is there more than 2 maps now? I've read of posts, and there have talked much about 8 chapters, but changelog shows that only 2 maps, are there now more chapters, or what?

By the way, exellenct campaign 5/5:infl_thumbs_up:

Level 8
Oh, and why you stop after third chapter? Would be fun to play all 8 chapters (said on comments page 6) if they could be make.:cry:

Level 23
I would like to point out that it was only one guy who mentioned 8 chapters. Also, seeing the huge amount of work being put in, I think 8 maps would be a bit much.

begining (chapter 1)
the city (chapter 2)
the air portal (chapter 3)
the fire portal (or any other element) (chapter 4)
the water portal (chapter 5)
the earth portal (chapter 6)
the part where they finish it of by bringing it to a special place (climax) (chapter 7)
and the Credits (chapter 8)

Level 23
As nice as it would be, it all depends on how much of an effort Pyritie puts into it. He is the one that chooses how many levels and I've noticed, that for each level, there is always a great deal of effort into making it look believable. Just be glad he's making it. When he finishes his campaign, he could always expand it if he wants.

Level 8
Yea, that's long time to make a campaign... I could be bored long time before than 2 years... Still that i don't make any myself...:slp:

Level 1
Great maps Pyritie but i found a bug, it's a very small one and the chances that it should appear are like 1/1000000.

I used Lirch's headbutt ability to finish the wolf/king/queen or what it was, as I used it he stunned me and i was stunned forever and couldn't do anything.

It's just a small bug.
Great job again.