• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pyritie's Adventure 2.3

Since November 2006 I have been working on this. In October 2007 this campaign became a hosted project of the Hive Workshop. Now, I present to you what me and my team have been working on since then.

Pyritie's Adventure is a campaign which tells a story about two brothers, one of which accidentally finds an ancient and powerful artifact. He learns that he must take the artifact through the four elemental dimensions, gathering the four orbs which were separated from the artifact centuries ago.

Old enemies will be encountered. Alliances will be formed and broken.

Oh, and all of the characters and residents are dragons!

There is a Chapter 2, but I don't know why it's not showing it.

Please give feedback in the hosted project forum. It is much easier for me to answer your questions there instead of on here. Thank you.

CHANGE LOG
v2.3 - (12/Apr/08) - Fixed a possible exploit with Headbutt
v2.2 - (17/Mar/08) - Fixed a few bugs and added some more camera controls
v2.1 - (13/Mar/08) - Added a few imports I deleted by accident
v2.0 - (12/Mar/08) - Added Chapter 2 - Journey to Dragonlitermorticae
v1.3.2a - (23/Jan/08) - Removed some unneeded imports
v1.3.2 - (21/Jan/08) - Hopefully fixed the wood and cave bugs.
v1.3.1 - (20/Jan/08) - Changed the camera system in the first map.

This campaign is no longer in production. Stop asking for Chapter 3.

Keywords:
campaign dragon pyritie epic adventure artifact
Contents

Pyritie's Adventure 2.3 (Campaign)

Reviews
12/5/12 - Vengeancekael: AHAHAHAHA THIS IS THE BEST PROJECT EVER AHAHAHAH. Edit: Anyway. Dr Super Good: Hosted project.
Level 8
By the way, always when this campaign is updated, does it need to dl always to get newest version, or does it just update in-game? That there comes new chapters if they are made? :confused:

Level 8
I would like to point out that it was only one guy who mentioned 8 chapters. Also, seeing the huge amount of work being put in, I think 8 maps would be a bit much.

Hmm...? I have Bago's quest campaign too, there is 15 and if I remember correctly, over 15 maps, so THAT is something, like you could made ROC undead campaign! :con::gg::xxd:

Chapter 44 (or 45 :p): Cold war.

Level 23
Yep. Pyritie won't settle with less than best. And as the Hive has realized that, people expect nothing but.

Also, double posting can get you banned if you continue to do it. First time = warning. Continued persistance = neg rep. Choosing not to advize the latter = banned
We are only trying to help you learn that by telling you NOT to double post, or triple post, or any other type of multi posting.

Level 4
When I saw all the custom stuff my jaw went through the floor. This is a truly amazing project, I REALLY can't wait to see chapter 3.

Level 4
???

Ive been trying to download the file but I think somethings going wrong :-(
It keeps downloading in unrecognizable formats. :bored:

Ive tried downloading it through both firefox and safari (no, im not on a mac), They both come out 44.2Mb, but I can't open them, and to each browser the name is diffrent.

Level 4
OK, I fixed my file by changing the extension to .w3n and apperently there was no extension originally :p. But otherwise I had fun ^_^

UNACCEPTABLE(1/5)

1 - I click on the link
2 - I cant directly open it(but i can directly open every other thing at hive)
3 - I used a lot of time to download it
4 - IT CANT BE OPENED DIRECTLY
5 - Cant open it with world edit

It's a bug with the reparse system on the hive. Just change the file type to .w3n instead of .part.

Level 3
I find the controls and camera to be both annoying and confusing. Still, i think the whole thing in general is great and everything else seems flawless. 4/5

Level 8
<-- Still??

LoL I was 4 weeks away, but still no chapter 3? Btw when I first played this campaign, I liked much it that on cinematics you can hear what ppl are talking, cause it's kinda boring and hard to read and watch what happens same time... :con:

I'm waiting...

Last edited:
Level 10
A very decent and good maked map,but i think the gameplay isnt very good...Cuz i dont like this custom cams.Anyway ofc you ll get 5/5 or even 99/5 but not 100/5! Cuz this fucking craping cams!But very,very nice map.Story is ok.
So
Terrain: 95/100
Gameplay: 85/100
Story: 90/100
Idea: 95/100
Replaying: 25/100 (get boring after 2nd time)
Triggers/Effects/Cines: 70/100 (Sometimes they were bit...pointless and unclear)
Fun: 100/100 (first time I played it it was godlike)
Overall: 80/100 but Ill give you 100/100 cuz you worked hard ;-)

Level 13
Hey, just a question.

Probably it's just me, for my version of WarcraftIII is pretty bugged nowadays. I just wanted to say every time I click on Chapter one or two, it turns black. Any idea what this could be?

Level 4
Pyritie, if you havent fixed the level 2 bug i think i know why its not showing

at the end of the first level did you do this action?
  • Game - Set the next level to 2nd Level
or did you do that and then rename the 2nd level