• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Public Resources Needed List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Meeehh, this goes slow...

Indeed, but for each day, I' for an example gets closer to finish the zeppeliner, and there is no need to realese it now and then later give a more updated version! I just wait till I feel it's perfect or the team needs it for the final realese :wink:

Unfortunally I'm not very far with it by now, but It's only getting better :grin:

Level 15
I didn't even notice that you posted this thread Craka. It's nice to see that you used my idea! It's nice to see that it's actually producing results too, I knew it was a good idea!

But hey, thanks to everyone for helping out, you've been able to lighten the burden on CE's modelers, giving them time to work on other things, and that's going to help us more than you know!

noo here is what ive made...

Sabre sword

Attachments

• 52208.jpg
    52208.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 224
Level 11
Aka - a pain in the behind.

you have to split the model into chunks and texture each of those, then in mangos re assemble them.

My crate is almost done for a AH doodads. I had to make a new texture because of the lack of wood paneling and a red horde symbol.

EDIT: when I went to UV it, something is wrong. I'll post the gmax, and a mdx/l of it for someone to look at.

EDIT2: and the texture

EDIT3: I added the .xcf original texture that has the layers that the .tga can't (.xcf is a gimp file) I have never left mangos with this model yet.

Attachments

• wowahcrate (2).zip
    50.6 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Level 6
im willing to do the alliance tower, the blacksmith building and the forge if u havent done that yet

btw if any of u want to skin i would be very happy cause me skinning is tha same if a mammoth tried to be stealthy...

Alliance Tower WIP
(btw theres some lighting probs...)

EDIT: gonna redo it i didnt think that it looked like the real tower...

EDIT EDIT: PiX! im very happy with how this model turned out still some lighting probs (hate that renderer...) and it still needs a skin tho, and maybe some minor details added

Attachments

• Alliance Tower - Front.jpg
    Alliance Tower - Front.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 253
  • Alliance Tower - Left.jpg
    Alliance Tower - Left.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 255
  • Alliance Tower - Perspective.jpg
    Alliance Tower - Perspective.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:
Level 19
im willing to do the alliance tower, the blacksmith building and the forge if u havent done that yet

btw if any of u want to skin i would be very happy cause me skinning is tha same if a mammoth tried to be stealthy...

Alliance Tower WIP
(btw theres some lighting probs...)

EDIT: gonna redo it i didnt think that it looked like the real tower...

EDIT EDIT: PiX! im very happy with how this model turned out still some lighting probs (hate that renderer...) and it still needs a skin tho, and maybe some minor details added

It looks just fine. Anything else can be added as doodads afterwards.

Level 10
I will be making most of the attachments. I have more than a dozen of meshes done.
But I need to see the references, the links are not working, not for me.

I made a sword, but I can't tell you if this fits your needings, since I can't see the references.
But here it is: BastardSword - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

EDIT: This is my try for the Dwarven Hatchet. I think it turned out good. If you find it good enough to be used in WC3:WoW, I will be posting the model.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=027mu5

Last edited:
I wont bother reading the whole thread, but i made some models for you out of boredom.
I'm attatching a zip containing the dwarven mailbox, dwarven axe and feral blade.
the last two have 100% freehand textures (though the feral blade has somewhat messy wrapping on the blade) and the mailbox is about 90% CnP from the reference image, but the models are all nice.

PM me if you like them.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Last edited by Craka_J; 05-10-2009 at 05:10 PM.. Reason: Illegal models/textures? "

Craka, they werent illegal, i made them whith 3ds max in just a couple of minutes, wow models are very low poly and can easily be replicated just like that. If you compare them to the original you will find differences.

And the reason i used cnp texture on the mailbox was rather for you to be able to do them yourself, anyone can make a texture, not everyone can model and wrap.

But nevermind then.

Level 25
Oh I'm sorry, so you actually did model it? They all looked too much like the ones from the actual game. Your explanation makes sense though. Reupload them if you wish and continue to create more if you like.

Again, I apologize for my misunderstanding. :smile:

Level 9
With no knowledge on how to export, set attachment points and such when moddeling for Wc:III, but with some skills in 3D-Max, I have started some of the models, and plan to texture them later this week/month.

So can anyone give me a link on how to export a model probably to WcIII from Max 2009 with right scale etc? I only plan on doing Weapons and Brush-models.

Level 25
Those are all ripped models/textures from World of Warcraft and I'm guessing your source is XGM.ru.

We cannot accept those models nor use them. It's against Hive Workshop rules and I don't know if Blizzard Entertainment would appreciate us using their models and textures on this mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.