• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Public Arranged Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Any Asian Garena users? Specifically Southeast Asia (Malaysia/Singapore).

What is the standard time zone you guys use to manage and organize games? Do you use Battle.net or Garena more?

Just a tiny suggestion, Hive ladder games? It would be nice to really begin playing melee maps again, except we use good custom made melee maps to well, sort of "promote" ladder games.

Level 26
Any Asian Garena users? Specifically Southeast Asia (Malaysia/Singapore).

What is the standard time zone you guys use to manage and organize games? Do you use Battle.net or Garena more?

Just a tiny suggestion, Hive ladder games? It would be nice to really begin playing melee maps again, except we use good custom made melee maps to well, sort of "promote" ladder games.

As for asian people, I don't have a clue, can't be a lot of them here though, I got the general impression that the majority was from europe and the US.

As for time zones, as a reference, just stick to the timezone of the Hive? GMT+1?

Level 48
As for asian people, I don't have a clue, can't be a lot of them here though, I got the general impression that the majority was from europe and the US.

As for time zones, as a reference, just stick to the timezone of the Hive? GMT+1?

Actually... There's quite a lot of Asian people on the Hive. Philippines and Singapore and such. Those guys have their own Garena server, though, and they cannot change it, which really sucks. (They are FORCED to play on the Asian servers, basically.)

Level 12
Actually... There's quite a lot of Asian people on the Hive. Philippines and Singapore and such. Those guys have their own Garena server, though, and they cannot change it, which really sucks. (They are FORCED to play on the Asian servers, basically.)

I see...Well, I might be able to play with you guys. Apparently when it's 7:00 PM here it's 12:00 PM at your time on the same day, provided you play on Garena of course.

Level 23

Actually, you can get into another region from Asia if you trace a buddy from EU or elsewhere into a foreign room.
Or you could just host in international room space. Thats alot easier tbh.

Level 22
It's easier with garena, you don't have to keep track of any IP's.

Lol... I use Hamachi often, and that's not the reason it's easier... It's easier because the host of the game doesn't have to open his port for that specific game manually.

With Hamachi the host can only host if his ports are opened for the game he is hosting with... So if you play 20 games with Hamachi, you've got some router work to do.

I personally prefer GameRanger.

Level 16

Date:

Tomorrow 18:00 (GMT+0)

Players:

7/12

Additional information:

There shall be games played at Northend yet again, if over 50% of players have access to battle.net.
*note: I prolly will be using dis format for future daily-arranged games, placing replays and game info inside dis additional information box, below the [hr]100%[/hr]

The games were fun, but I forgot to take replays as usual. Players changed as well as the fact we changed to Garena instead of Battle.net.

So, in total we had 7/12

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.