• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Players unable to join my custom games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I have a very weird issue that I'll try to describe as accurately as possible.

PS - if this is not the right place to post this kind of thread, Moderators please move it to the proper section, thanks!

So whenever I host a game on BNET, it's visible to others.

What happens is:

• Players see my game
  • They click on my game
  • Map starts downloading and then player joins
  • As soon as the player joins, they get ''kicked'' for no reason
  • This happens for about 5 to 10 minutes, until someone (somehow) manages to enter

As soon as 1 guy enters and stays there without getting kicked, others can join as well.

I'm not sure what's the exact problem, but I've tried reinstalling WC3, that didn't help.

I also hosted from 3 different locations, that doesn't seem to have any effect on that matter.

When I join other people's games, I have no problems connecting to them or downloading the maps.

Any suggestions?

Level 18
You probably just need to wait, I think around patch 1.30 (not sure) the way maps are hosted was changed so you have to upload them to Blizzard's server instead of directly to other players. Depending on your upload speed and the map's size this could take a while. During this time, as you have experienced, other players will not be able to join.
If you check task manager you can also see when your map has finished uploading.

Level 12
You probably just need to wait, I think around patch 1.30 (not sure) the way maps are hosted was changed so you have to upload them to Blizzard's server instead of directly to other players. Depending on your upload speed and the map's size this could take a while. During this time, as you have experienced, other players will not be able to join.
If you check task manager you can also see when your map has finished uploading.

Hm, I didn't know this, but it kind of makes sense since the map has around 60 MB and that can take up to a few minutes.

About the task manager - how do you precisely see when the map has finished uploading?

:(

Level 18
Hm, I didn't know this, but it kind of makes sense since the map has around 60 MB and that can take up to a few minutes.

About the task manager - how do you precisely see when the map has finished uploading?

:(
In the Performance tab of task manager, you can keep an eye on your upload speeds, once it drops back to around 0 your map has been uploaded.

Level 12
In the Performance tab of task manager, you can keep an eye on your upload speeds, once it drops back to around 0 your map has been uploaded.

Weirdly enough I never saw any of the uploading shenanigans occurring when I host the game?

Can anyone else confirm (besides Drake53) that you do indeed upload the map to the servers first before others can join?

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.