1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Providence Class Destroyer

Submitted by Fingolfin
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
The Providence-class Carrier/Destroyer was the main capital ship of the separatists during the galactic civil war. Its large hangar bay can hold a considerable complement of droid starfighters and bombers.

I worked a bit harder on the death animation for this one - it will break apart, and explode in two separate pieces. It has a bunch of attachment points aswell as a ton of particles. Windows, engines and hangar shields glow in the dark. Seriously, i'm really proud of how this turned out. As usual, a high res version of the texture will be found below.

Keywords:
Starship, destroyer, dreadnaught, star wars, droid, cis, grievous, separatist, cruiser, space
Contents

Providence Class Destroyer (Model)

Reviews
09:04, 20th Oct 2014 Misha: very well done :)
  1. 09:04, 20th Oct 2014
    Misha: very well done :)

2. Hayate

Hayate

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    O.O the Epicness of Fingolfin

i like the Team Colour of it...
    btw, why not add some movement to the walk animation?

3. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @Hayate: i figured since it is in space, you know.... it will move when it's, well, moving, no need for it to bob up and down.

Rear view:

[​IMG]

A patrol lurking outside Coruscant

[​IMG]

A separatist destroyer, locked in battle with a republic Venator-class

[​IMG]

As promised, you will find a high res version of the texture attached below.

Attached Files:

4. Hayate

Hayate

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    the whole fleet of all your spaceship nuking some planet would be an awesome view

5. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah, you better start mapmaking :ogre_hurrhurr:

6. Hayate

Hayate

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    what? me? no... im sucks at map making :p

7. Footman16

Footman16

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    One question about this truly epic model, why is the attack anim a flashing red light on the front.

8. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Looking great, must include them in terrains :D

Off topic: Fingolfin changed his avatar ;)

9. Footman16

Footman16

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

10. Lothar1994

Lothar1994

Resources:
    Resources:
    Would you like me to convert this one for StarCraft 2 as well?? :)

11. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I am not really sure how else to represent a laser flash. It's all about the missile model, really.

@High King Ulfric: Yes!! Speaking of which, what did you do to the last model?

12. Admiral Proudmoore

Admiral Proudmoore

Resources:
    Resources:
    Woah! it's awesome model.Quality is amazing. 5/5

13. Lothar1994

Lothar1994

Resources:
    Resources:
  14. kellym0

kellym0

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ok, attempt number 2 -- hive crashed lost my review second try (sry if this is a double post)

I played empire at War and the mod republic at war. so here comes my review

Pros:

I like the mesh shape, I think putting the windowed vertexes behind the outer metal vertexes was really ingenious.
    I like how the team color looks, those blue stripes DAM SNAZY
    I like how the hangar has shields, I also like how the shields turn off during death. I like the death animation in general because you added that metal junk at the separation point which was a nice touch -- the flames are well placed too, I would have added more flames my self but im a particle addict
    I like the windows, there small and fuzzy when this models made too tiny but what ever they are still awesome

cons:

I think the green windows on the Con. tower are too big, they are like over 8 times the size of the yellow windows, which is odd because I thought that in revenge of the sith when grievous obi wan and sky walker are duking it out in the con. tower it was made of lots of tiny green windows. I think you could make the con towers green windows 2 perhaps even 3 times smaller. you could just keep the size of the con tower the same and just use a few more vertexes to make a higher number of green windows for the same area.

the green windows on the lower most frontal con. tower are suffering the same issue, they seem kinda big compared to the tiny awesome little yellow lights all around it.

the attack animation is where I go uhguhguhghughuguhuguhuhghughuguhg all over the place with my foaming mouth foam that spews everywhere

a better attack-1-2-3 could have been 2 or 3 lights in that same area, the front, getting the same red flashes but out of sync, with just one red flash right in the center, i mean even the clone ship had attack-1 and 2 green laser turrets to explain where the green laser projectiles come from, this single red blinky light is giving me cancer THIS IS A SPACE SHIP. even just 2 different red light spots would be enough.

a cool addition though would be a spell first and spell second (like the tinker) where the ship has lots of lights appear on either side, just like your red flash there, only over 10 or 15 of them all over the place.

this models pretty neat I give it a 8.5/10 I feel its lacking in some areas (attacks? spells? a hyper spacing birth? a hyper spacing morph?) but its very well made and highly detailed in areas that matter such as the mesh and the death animation.

15. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    A fair review. I knew the moment i made that attack animation, that "Kellym0 is going to have something to say about this", ha-ha. It is a bit bland and hardly even visible from afar, but to me the options are not that great either. I could replace it with a particle burst, then at least it would have some motion. I also thought about adding a small pointy black "lance" under the bridge, so that it could look like a cannon from which the laser is coming.

The barrage thing is another matter, apart from the sides, there are not so many places i'd imagine a laser coming from, and you'd just end up with a bunch of flashing lights. As a spell animation, i'd question how usable it would be - overall it would just look like grievous is having a disco on the ship while laser beams are flying from complete other areas. Perhaps a charged beam from the front would be a better option in this case. I'm not sure why i did not add warp animations, perhaps because i did not add them on the venator. They could be useful and i might add them later.

Finaly, as for the windows of the observation deck, i have to disagree. One reason for their size is that it is really hard to work with this resolution. Also, if they were any smaller, they would not be visible from afar. Another reason is, they were simply that big. Hell, it's an observation deck! Here is a picture from the movie, it is hard to see, but it kinda shows the scale:

[​IMG]

As for the bridge, it consists of several levels, sharing the same window. You can kinda see it in my references:

Lots of images
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Edge45

Edge45

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Just so good, actually, I didn't really understand much of Starwars part 4-6, so this Separist warship, is it on the good side or evil ;)
    5/5

17. Fawful

Fawful

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice work - actually am looking forward your job on the Munificent frigate and the other destroyer-type ship, the CIS used during the Clone Wars.

18. andreariona

andreariona

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  19. Lothar1994

Lothar1994

Resources:
    Resources:
    I uploaded both to Sc2 master as "Star Wars Assets by Fingolfin"

it has both the Providence Class Destoryer and the Venator-class Star Destroyer

going to put the Providence Class Destoryer on Hive in a few minutes

Attached Files: