• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Proto-Naga Zealot

hello :p so i finally found all that i needed to finalize this ooold model of mine, that has pretty much gathered a lot of dust over perhaps a few years in my hard drive :p

so.. i present to you.. The Proto-Naga Zealot!
to be honest, i don't really know what i was smoking when i got that idea, but.. it is finally done :xxd:

i would like to thank shiiK for the excellent texture, and EbonyStallion for the cool animations, it's been cool collaborating, folks, even though it was stalled over years :xxd: Thanks to paradise_engineering for introducing me to a groovy animator and a cool site

lill thanks to DeathChef for helping me find right sound events that would fit this creature :p

so.. this model has a built-in portrait (basic), a "death of fenix" stand cinematic, for some that need dramatic Psi-blade failure, and attack effort sound events that are somewhat similar to sc1 zealot stab sounds

now.. this guy should have a few object editor tags; "doesn't rise, doesn't decay" (because his death anim makes him disappear), "attack sound" set to "none" (so you don't hear default war3 metal bashes along model sounds), needs a bigger selection circle (anims make him go forward some when attacking) and any sort of critical damage ability (if you want to see the sc1-zealot-like stabs)

give credit to Misha if you use, and don't say if it lacks something you'd want.. it's an oold model

EDIT: thanks to HappyTauren for fixing that weird-ass bug that mounted a truckload of polys :p now it's around 1000...ish

Keywords:
protoss, and, naga, on, weeds, merged, to, proto-naga, zealot, :p
Contents

Proto-Naga Zealot (Model)

Reviews
13:28, 25th Aug 2012 HappyTauren: As weird as it is, it is actually a great idea. It is also pretty polished, but I guess that's what you get when you work on something for years. Good job on this one!

M

13:28, 25th Aug 2012
HappyTauren: As weird as it is, it is actually a great idea. It is also pretty polished, but I guess that's what you get when you work on something for years. Good job on this one!

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Proto-Naga Immortal/colossus o_O?/snake with psi disruptors ? ^^, I've got it, a giant turtle with a plasma cannon on it and protoss head ? XD. Jokes aside, its very nice :) 5/5 + rep

Damn, it seems that you guys are starting to figure out that I'm actually of use. Time to bail!

It is all good until I chain you and have you animate stuff for me. That's when my reign begins.

On-topic: Misha, are you going to create more stuff like this? :D Because if you're gonna make some that won't require custom animations, I can rig yo' stuff to wc3 ones.

It is all good until I chain you and have you animate stuff for me. That's when my reign begins.

On-topic: Misha, are you going to create more stuff like this? :D Because if you're gonna make some that won't require custom animations, I can rig yo' stuff to wc3 ones.
I'm not really sure.. anims made by blizzard are cool, but have their limitations.. like.. i'd often need to tweak this or to add that.. and that gets complicated..
It finally got done! Great to see it, Misha! Good work to you and to HappyTauren, paradise_engineering, Shiik, EbonyStallion, and DeathChef!
Glad you like it, var =3

good woot, Btw, I got a buncha SC 1.5 models on my map and they won't show. I uploaded everything right, Any ideas?

this is not really a place for model help.. but you sure could re-check the texture paths from those models, maybe they have missing geoset anims, or materials.. or meshes?

or it could be just unnecessary custom folder structure.. old modelers used to do so..

Level 6
izvanredno ,nisam znao da na ovom forumu ima i od Star Craft II modele ..... :ogre_haosis: