• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zealot

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is me doing a model at the best of my abilities the "right" way. I want to show that I do have some talent even though the moderators hate the way I work.

So I hope you'll like this Zealot model made from Archimonde in Wc3, Happy Downloading.
Trivia: Took about 2hours to make, used Footmans Helmet hair as a ponytail, the only part of him wich isn't from the archimonde model.

Keywords:
Star Craft, Starcraft, Protoss, Zealot
Contents

Zealot (Model)

Reviews
01:08, 10th Sep 2010 anarchianbedlam: I love the idea of using the archimonde gold armor and blue skin to make a protoss. And the team colored blades look great. Very creative. And I do think that this model has some potential to be a great resource...

M

01:08, 10th Sep 2010
anarchianbedlam: I love the idea of using the archimonde gold armor and blue skin to make a protoss. And the team colored blades look great. Very creative. And I do think that this model has some potential to be a great resource. But right now, I have to point out some key flaws that should be fixed before I approve this.

Mainly, the wrap needs work. I realize that you are working with some very small disjointed bits and pieces from the actual texture, but there is still some pretty bad smudging and clipping, easily visible even from a distance. And then there's the breastplate. The unit has armor on it's chest and bare skin on it's stomach, yet it's lower back is armored and upper back is exposed. It seems kind of contradictory. Also you seem to be missing some faces on the back of the shoulder so you can see strait inside of the model. If you can't figure out how to put those faces back to seal that gap, consider putting more armor there or making the shoulderpads larger. (and just on a personal note from me, i would suggest giving him some more "hair ponytails" and then making them longer. Protoss have multiple long nerve chords).

Don't give up modeling though just because someone criticizes your work. You've only just begun. If you don't look for ways to improve you never will

And as for your little "poor me" comment. Please refrain from posting stuff like this in the future. We internet people are a cynical bunch and such tirades often backfire. Moderators are not "evil". We are human, and we all have a limit of patience. Many people submit models here and to submit a model that is explicitly against hive rules is just a waste of time for us moderators, and the community. If someone does not want other people to edit their model and take credit from them, then please respect their wishes. Sometimes simply asking for permission will solve the problem. You are free to edit ingame blizzard models though (as long as you make enough changes)

... anyway, Currently this model is "rejected until updated" that doesn't mean that it's REJECTED, it's more of a category to put pending models that need fixing. So when you fix this model up, you just "UPDATE" it. so you wont have to re-upload it.

EDIT: Looks MUCH better now. But there's a glitch ingame. I assume that when you added the "hair" to the model you imported a geoset for it. When you did that, you set it to a node other than a BONE, so it's not attached to the back of his head ingame. Fix that. And while you're at it, make the legs thinner, from the side, they look too thick. Oh and change that description. I will not approve a "waa waa poor me" story as a model description. Talk.about.the.model. Otherwise, it looks great!

DonDustin: I see that anarchianbedlam already gave you some really helpful review, but there are a few points that I noticed(I'll just mkae a list to make it as easy to follow as possible):

1. wrap: this seems to be the biggest problem of the model. You had some nice ideas how to do it, but the execution in certain areas is lacking. The good areas are the arms and the belly abs. But the face is bad right now. Here is a picture that show the bad areas and a suggestion how to fix it:

128728-albums2720-picture35247.jpg

Personally I would really really try to use another texture for the legs and the breast armor or for the golden parts in general, because you are working with a small area which makes it quite difficult to wrap, but the repetition of that certain texture area makes it also boring.
The pony tail might also need another texture.

mesh: there are a few unneeded face here and there, but it is acceptable. But you might want to optimize it( the chest area mainly)

animations: nothing to complain here.

effects: I think you should edit the spell particles into something more fitting.

misc: the model still needs a portrait or at least a camera. YOu also still have to change the internal name of the model( can be done with war3modeleditor under: edit->model properties)

18th September 2010
General Frank:
You should also add decay animations and dissipate animations.

Level 7
Ahh yes you think you had it hard so your making a sob story to try to make people feel sorry and moderators so they will approve of a model. And yes, moderators are not nice, especially the one i always get to reject my stuff, my longest work took probably 4hrs and here are some words used in the moderation text: "a joke", "very bad" and "just not right"
Not very nice indeed, And this one comes from another rejected model, i think its kinda funny. "This does not look like a baseball bat, just like some toy for specific hours..." But im not complaining just trying to show you that you should learn to just try and improve on what the moderator says is wrong with it, and in your next model it probably wont be rejected for those reasons. If you can link me a model where the moderator does not say what is wrong with it or just says "rejected" then you have a reason to complain. So aside from all this, im not gonna let your story bias my review. So here it is

Review-
All around its a good model, decent animations yet the right foot movement during the attack 1 animation is a little strange, but lacking some animations that would make it better, the mesh and appearance are decent however it would be a lot better in my opinion if there was another side on the arms, especially in the inner arm part, the wrapping there is not that good but its OK, the textures are fine, good idea of using the warlock texture, yet the belt texture stands out to much and just doesn't blend well with the legs. Overall its fairly good and with no doubt approve able, (unless this is stolen) . And trust me you can never leave the hive. So decent work 4/5 vote approve, rep.

So... fixed most of the "holes" in the model and did the chestplate go around to the back and the stomach too... That's about it for now, hope that covers it.

And what I meant with my complaining is my terran wraith model

People here don't care about resoults just how you made the model, think that's sad cause it's the resoult that is used on maps, not the way you "correctly" made the model. Though I must agree that proper credits MUST be given, else it's just stealing

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 2
The only thing I don't like, is skin: protoss have more blue-ish skin than dark-blue
Make it a bit brighter