• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Project that needs anyone experienced in ANY FIELD

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you don't pay your co-workers anything in the first 4 months? You sure are an economist!

After we get a source of money that will be a little more than enough fr the project, the extra money will be divided on team members depending on how much work they have done, and how good they are towards other team members.
I say 4 month because that's what our budget plan says.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
After we get a source of money
Which makes me raise the concern I mentioned earlier. People will find it hard believing in your project with just a couple of sentences describing it. If you used social media such as youtube, facebook, twiter etc to promote your project goals with examples of what you intend the final product to be then people will likely flock to invest in your idea.

Currently your project is an enormous black block labelled "island survival game" with unknown interfaces. Yes you can use this to mislead people into following you (as they will try and envision their ideal game matching that description) but this will never recruit anyone who knows the business as they will instantly see that something it either "fishy" about the project or that the project is not serious enough.

When you apply for a job they give you at least a paragraph or few of what the job entitles. Further more they guarantee you pay, which for most people is enough for the vagueness. However you are trying to recruit people for your project without any payment security and without any idea what for. Especially in this modern times, start up "indy" game developers are too happy to go into detail what their project is about, only the AAA game devs try and keep it secret but they have other securities which you cannot offer.

Level 25
How will you get a source of money if you were thinking of basing the game on Warcraft III? And why would you even want that, most people here are modders and modders more than happily sell their souls if they are able to be part of a great project.

Which makes me raise the concern I mentioned earlier. People will find it hard believing in your project with just a couple of sentences describing it. If you used social media such as youtube, facebook, twiter etc to promote your project goals with examples of what you intend the final product to be then people will likely flock to invest in your idea.

Currently your project is an enormous black block labelled "island survival game" with unknown interfaces. Yes you can use this to mislead people into following you (as they will try and envision their ideal game matching that description) but this will never recruit anyone who knows the business as they will instantly see that something it either "fishy" about the project or that the project is not serious enough.

When you apply for a job they give you at least a paragraph or few of what the job entitles. Further more they guarantee you pay, which for most people is enough for the vagueness. However you are trying to recruit people for your project without any payment security and without any idea what for. Especially in this modern times, start up "indy" game developers are too happy to go into detail what their project is about, only the AAA game devs try and keep it secret but they have other securities which you cannot offer.

We are doing our best to be professional, but we are not professionals. when people apply for joining us, I usually answer most of their question about the game (that I know of) but the game haven't even been started developing, and our team of designers is not full and haven't even started. so really there isn't much to be told... not yet.
How will you get a source of money if you were thinking of basing the game on Warcraft III? And why would you even want that, most people here are modders and modders more than happily sell their souls if they are able to be part of a great project.

The project will require very hard work that deserves a reward, and If we can pay for rewards then why not? and it will also make members stick to deadlines.

Have a moose and relax:
1914_fit588x588.jpg

--------
Just joking. I hope you'll get many members for this :3

Level 26
You have gathered 18 members with a description that would've been a lovely punchline to a joke.
I'd say that you basically have enough, or is that just me?

Besides, you need to properly manage and divide tasks among members. With differing timezones and lacking information, that will be difficult.
The more members you have, the more difficult it will be.

Level 26
Besides, you need to properly manage and divide tasks among members. With differing timezones and lacking information, that will be difficult.

Do not worry. It won't be as illustrated in your avatar. The members are all highly-motivated pros from the dark interwebs who can adapt to any platform and get sh*t done. They are better connected than the Borg and would hunt down anyone who tries to quit this sacred circle or leak information. They are the game developers in black.

Have a moose and relax:
1914_fit588x588.jpg

--------
Just joking. I hope you'll get many members for this :3

Thank you.
You have gathered 18 members with a description that would've been a lovely punchline to a joke.
I'd say that you basically have enough, or is that just me?

Well, for the first month we would test all the members to make sure if they have the correct spot for them, and that they are skilled enough to do their job, and we might ask we uncooperative, or lazy people to leave. so I need as many members as possible because the more members, the faster the project will be done, and I will be giving all my time for this project during summer, so organizing things wouldn't be a problem, I have time.
Do not worry. It won't be as illustrated in your avatar. The members are all highly-motivated pros from the dark interwebs who can adapt to any platform and get sh*t done. They are better connected than the Borg and would hunt down anyone who tries to quit this sacred circle or leak information.
Exactly, but I also have a lot of member who are my friends and I didn't get them from the dark interwebs.

This thread is hilarious.

Either you are a very persistent troll or you're mentally retarted, either way, you're awesome.

This thread is hilarious.
IKR?
Either you are a very persistent troll or you're mentally retarted
I believe I'm both :p
you're awesome
Thank you.
Yes, stonneash is awesome.

Thanks a lot
This guy makes WC3 modding look like work of professionals.

I wonder if DOTA was made with that much of a "business strategy" behind...
makes WC3 modding look like work of professionals.
I try, hard. thank you
It wasnt. Dota was a very playable map long before it became popular and was turned into a commercial project.

Unlike this project..
Hopefully we will be able to make something much better than Dota if everything goes as planned and we keep getting positive feedback and support.

Level 4
Jesus...

Firstly, what normal, self-respecting man will join such a project? Certainly, those who have accepted your "35 PMs" have flash in the pan. Something like: "Oh my God, I will be working on the project, Oh yes! I have no idea what it is, but it must be me!"

No pictures, no videos, totally nothing showed. Plot is 12 words? How do I know whether it is worth wasting a few minutes of my life in writing a request for admission to this team?

Real money? For working on Wc3 Map or tiny game on Unity engine? Bitch please... Rich parents? It is easy to spend money, the trick is to spend it sensibly.

"We are doing our best to be professional"
- Ye.., I see it. And you are the leader, aren't you?
What about your skills? What is your part? Just commanding your "virtual mapmakers band"? Or maybe you will only write checks?

I can guarantee that our team is highly motivated, we would't accept anyone who is "not very motivated". and when you agree to work with us we don't necessarily tell you everything. we will only tell you the details you need until the beta version(that isn't available to public, only for beta testers).

Lol, why? Because knowledge about project details kills? I am sure that you totally have no idea about what you're trying to do.

PS. May I be a beta tester? Because... I heard that you have beta prepared, right? :O

How can you get positive feedback if there is nothing to give feedback about?

The project didn't even start yet -_- there will be a lot to give feedback on when the designers get to start to work. the project haven't even started and no one started working yet, its currently me and only me who is organizing everything.
Hm, maybe we should lock this thread?
Why would you? If the project becomes a Unity project I understand why you would move this into off-topic category, but close it? no.
Jesus...

Firstly, what normal, self-respecting man will join such a project? Certainly, those who have accepted your "35 PMs" have flash in the pan. Something like: "Oh my God, I will be working on the project, Oh yes! I have no idea what it is, but it must be me!"

No pictures, no videos, totally nothing showed. Plot is 12 words? How do I know whether it is worth wasting a few minutes of my life in writing a request for admission to this team?

Real money? For working on Wc3 Map or tiny game on Unity engine? Bitch please... Rich parents? It is easy to spend money, the trick is to spend it sensibly.

"We are doing our best to be professional"
- Ye.., I see it. And you are the leader, aren't you?
What about your skills? What is your part? Just commanding your "virtual mapmakers band"? Or maybe you will only write checks?

Lol, why? Because knowledge about project details kills? I am sure that you totally have no idea about what you're trying to do.

PS. May I be a beta tester? Because... I heard that you have beta prepared, right? :O

I find this disrespecting to the team members. please have more respect you make people who joined seem like idiots who can't believe they got invited to the project. you are insulting every single person and saying that they don't have self respect. I don't feel like fighting with you and getting banned, and I'm not fighting on my thread so ill ignore this part.

What do you expect? pictures of nothing? THE PROJECT HAVE NOT EVEN STARTED. there is nothing to take pictures of or videos. there is no plot because designers didn't start working yet. I'm the only one working on this project and idk why people like you can't understand that.

I don't know where the hell you got the word tiny. the project is HUGE as it says everywhere. i don't know whats your problem, but if you're gonna keep looking for flaws in here your gonna find them, because we are no professionals, we try our best to be but we're not, the project needs money because it's large and it would take a lot of time for us, the none professionals to do professionals work.

And you are the leader, aren't you?
yes I am. I'm not applying to work for you, so you don't need to know any of that, and your attitude towards the project does't show that you want to join, so Im not gonna answer any of the rest of the questions.

you know what? I don't care.
no you may not.

Level 14
plot summary: a shipwreck after a storm leaves one survivor deserted on an unknown island populated by unknown species that have been isolated from the world.
Please change that plot summary which is too much unoriginal. There is so many books,movies,video games,comics,manga etc which start by that.
it is the prove you did not through more than one second to the base idea.
Changing that base plot would not be hard as you did not started the project and it would be better if it was original.
Please make a team meeting and change that plot.
People would complain less about the lack of information as currently the plot is so banal it does not contains information.it is the empty void of nothingness.
there is many twelve words plots which are better.

Oh man I'm starting to love this thread. Subscribing for the lulz.
If this is an actual, real, totes true, unfalse project, I wanna be a beta tester.
Sure.

Please change that plot summary which is too much unoriginal. There is so many books,movies,video games,comics,manga etc which start by that.
it is the prove you did not through more than one second to the base idea.
Changing that base plot would not be hard as you did not started the project and it would be better if it was original.
Please make a team meeting and change that plot.
People would complain less about the lack of information as currently the plot is so banal it does not contains information.it is the empty void of nothingness.
there is many twelve words plots which are better.
This is actually the designer's job, but if you have any ideas you are more than welcome to say them, telling me to change something temporary doesn't help.

Lol this thread makes me laugh xD good luck with your project btw...

Hiveworkshop = 90% trolls XD, thank you.

Just a hint: if you spent half the time you're looking for members for a project that doesn't even exist yet on actual making stuff, you'd already have a very early alpha version by now.

Not really, I don't have much time becauseI'm busy with life matters, but I will be free this summer and would be able to do that.

Level 14
new plot summary which is a little less unoriginal:
An hermit alone in vast mountains finded the true meaning of the quantum fluctuations of the void but an great entity spotted him and wanted to make him teach this knowledge to his followers and so sent him to an island full of unknown species but the hermit did not understood anything to what happened to him.

This plot raise some questions like will he understand the entity and teach his knowledge to the followers or will he be scared by the followers of this entity which can not communicate with him or will he think that he became mad.
Also this place the main character at the same spot than your plot.
But as I said it is just a little less banal than your plot

Level 26
Uh yeah, While his summary is bad because it tells us nothing, yours is bad, for well, being bad.

Story in modding, unless you're making a campaign, is about making it short and concise, which presents the whole thing with elements that can be translated to mechancis of the gameplay or its design. A hermit adds nothing, honest. You present who the protagonists and the antagonists are. You present the factors that initiates and spurs on the conflict. You present the goal. That's really all you need. Anything extra is unlockable elements, although it does depend on the style of game.

The type of game can not be told in story, well, it can, but it's wise to specify it clearly, the type of the map; Questions that need to be answered; What is this kind of game? Is it Melee? RPG? Survival? Custom? If so, how is it custom? Is it a custom as in the sense of a hybridization, combination of two types? Or is it entirely original? If so, please explain. This thread offers nothing, so no one takes it seriously. Calling the hive 90% trolls is really misunderstanding the situation. This project is considered so much of a joke that no one intends to take it seriously, because not even the creator did. So why should they?

This thread has been around and remained in this category, not because it's a modding project, but because it's amusing to read through even though it qualifies it as an off-topic thread. However, the main goal was to get members, this means it does not fit in that location either. But, no information is given, because you have no information to give. You're basically asking people to make a game for you and asking them if they are serious about it or not.. and hell, you got 18 members and you're not satisfied.

Hilarious.

I'm just trying to figure out your gameplan here.
Step 1. Find members.
Step 2. Tell them nothing
Step 3. Ask them if they are serious about the project, while they still know nothing.
Step 4. Explain that you have nothing and they have to make it.
Step 5. ??
Step 6. Profit.

Uh yeah, While his summary is bad because it tells us nothing, yours is bad, for well, being bad.

Story in modding, unless you're making a campaign, is about making it short and concise, which presents the whole thing with elements that can be translated to mechancis of the gameplay or its design. A hermit adds nothing, honest. You present who the protagonists and the antagonists are. You present the factors that initiates and spurs on the conflict. You present the goal. That's really all you need. Anything extra is unlockable elements, although it does depend on the style of game.

The type of game can not be told in story, well, it can, but it's wise to specify it clearly, the type of the map; Questions that need to be answered; What is this kind of game? Is it Melee? RPG? Survival? Custom? If so, how is it custom? Is it a custom as in the sense of a hybridization, combination of two types? Or is it entirely original? If so, please explain. This thread offers nothing, so no one takes it seriously. Calling the hive 90% trolls is really misunderstanding the situation. This project is considered so much of a joke that no one intends to take it seriously, because not even the creator did. So why should they?

This thread has been around and remained in this category, not because it's a modding project, but because it's amusing to read through even though it qualifies it as an off-topic thread. However, the main goal was to get members, this means it does not fit in that location either. But, no information is given, because you have no information to give. You're basically asking people to make a game for you and asking them if they are serious about it or not.. and hell, you got 18 members and you're not satisfied.

Hilarious.

I'm just trying to figure out your gameplan here.
Step 1. Find members.
Step 2. Tell them nothing
Step 3. Ask them if they are serious about the project, while they still know nothing.
Step 4. Explain that you have nothing and they have to make it.
Step 5. ??
Step 6. Profit.

18 members is not enough because 6 of them are just voice actors, 1 of them is a music artist, which leaves us with 11, other than me is 10, and with 10 the project can be done, but will take too much time, and thats why Im trying to get more members.

The plan:
step 1: get all the members needed.
step 2: explain everything they need and everything the ask about.
step 3: start working with the members.
step 4: get few more members.
step 5 (if the project is a unity project): 2D & 3D artist will sell some of their work on the unity store -> profit -> ability to buy things for unity.
step 6:
a: if its a unity project, the game will be sold -> more profit.
b: if the game is a warcraft 3 map/campaign, it will be free.

Level 4
Hiveworkshop = 90% trolls XD, thank you.

And you are talking about showing respect? Now I find this disrespecting to the 90% of HW community.

You say that nothing has been done.
So, without help of the team you are not able to do even 1% progress? The whole plot must be done by a designer?
You should be the one that has a plan, know what game you want to do, the one who has thought out storyline, scheduled main characters, game world concept.
During development some elements may be changed.

But you come to us, and you have nothing to offer. Look around the forum. See how others represent their projects, including those huge.

Maybe then you will understand why our lack of respect touches you.

Level 26
The plan:
step 1: get all the members needed.
step 2: explain everything they need and everything the ask about.
step 3: start working with the members.
step 4: get few more members.
step 5 (if the project is a unity project): 2D & 3D artist will sell some of their work on the unity store -> profit -> ability to buy things for unity.
step 6:
a: if its a unity project, the game will be sold -> more profit.
b: if the game is a warcraft 3 map/campaign, it will be free.
That's just the thing. You're mixing up step 1 and step 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.