• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Stronghand Studio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Stronghand Studio is looking for new members! If interested, sign up at www.smilestudio.webs.com. You can join regardless of your experience/knowledge.

Our current project is an AoS with innovative features such as...

-3 teams (2 bases, and 1 Mercenary team)
-Global and Unique heroes
-A non-restricted desert themed map, with quests to do
-Many way to change game outcomes, such as completed quests to gain additional troop spawns

We'd love new, fresh ideas, so join the site and offer suggestions.

Positions currently needed are...

-Modeler (3D Artist)
-Skinner/Iconner (2D Artist)
-Terrainer

We'll need to see some work of yours just to prove you know what you're doing. Contact Titanhex or myself about this.

Level 13
Hi, I'm the co-leader for this stuido. Allow me to break down our first project for those interested. I'll try to make it as simple and clear as possible.

Our first project is in the early stages of brainstorming. We are working out features. (Think what units and buildings we'll be using as well as systems)

Currently this is what we have:

It's an AoS with 3 teams.
The 3rd team is a group of Mercenaries with no army being sent out of it's buildings.
The Players on the Mercenary Team can optionally be hired out by the other two teams under a contract.

There are personal armies, which means if a player chooses to spend their cash on units instead of items, they can do so.

The lanes are open, meaning while the armies follow a set path to collide with one another in series of 3 lanes, there are only a few physical boundaries preventing a player from leaving any given lane and setting up crafty ambushes as well as escape routes.
(This may lead to a mode where the lanes all push to the center in a huge tug of war brawl where crowd control wreigns supreme.)

There are quests, which will allow you to expand your team's army & item stocks, break level limits, and gain personal gold and rewards.

There are unique and global heroes and items. That means Team A might have a hero Team B can't get, and vice versa. But all teams have a handful of heroes available to them.

Hope to see some interested participants. Since we're still in the development stages we need idea contributions for everything from items and heroes to quests and features. Read over what little Lore there is and give out a hand :)

Level 6
We don't need any ATM, although, we will soon begin creating playable heroes and artists would be invaluable at that point. I'll assume you're interested in doing it, so would you plan on joining, or are you just taking requests?

Level 13
What he said.

We're recruiting still and 5 members strong. Our areas we have members in (Some members do more than one job) is 2 in Lore-writing, 2 in (subpar) 2-D Icon Making, 3 in GUI, 1 in JASS/vJASS, and 1 1/2 in Terraining (Partially inactive member).

What we need is a modeler for some doodads and whatnot to help the terrainer(s). It'll be invaluable to have someone who can either texture, animate, or do model manipulation when we begin working on heroes.

We hold about 2-3 brainstorming sessions a week using a P2P Shared Whiteboard, so we move along at an organized and swift pace. :)

Last edited:
Level 8
Well here goes
Terrainer (Rpg/Orpg Mainly but learning new thing each day so im starting cinematic terraining and Aoe/Arena Terraining)
Triggers (a Decent Gui Triggerer, Jass(i Suck) But i am learning atm for it)
Ideas (i kinda have a brain i hope lol)
Hero Building (Decent)
Stories!

Level 13
Right now the best terraining position we can offer would be secondary terrainer under our lead terrainer for this current project. But that's upt to him if he's wanting any more help or if he's got it covered (Though your obvious knowledge in custom doodads would be valuable)

However when we begin our second project more terrainers will be needed, so you can always join up and pass around your ideas and help out where you can before waiting for the next project.

Status
Not open for further replies.