• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Project Development: SoHE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
.....so um..... Can I help? I am a terrainer but I assume MrStomyZ is doing terrains and my terrains are well pretty s*** compared to his... So like maybe I can give Ideas and do Beta Testing?... And for Terrain I can just give Ideas... :| or I can just go back to my corner...

Level 3
I'm just gonna constantly refresh the Page till you reply ... and btw I got nothing to work on at the moment so I would be glad to help :|...

Level 3
Oh k, Sorry bout that, and I didn't really expect immediate reply, thats why I kept refreshing the page.. Anyway, this project seems really interesting, so can I help?

Level 5
So is there gonna be more then just 9 Chapters? And the last chapter, killing the Dreadlord, it just didn't give it the ending that I felt it should have. I mean, how could a Dreadlord be the main boss? There has got to be a stronger Enemy behind him, perhaps a Powerful chained demon who orders things to work for him, and therefore the reason that didn't destroy the High Elves, and after the defeat of his champion, the Dread lord, maybe he thought of another way to destroy the High Elves; Corrupting them with the powers of destruction? And maybe that could be how the Blood Elves became? In my opionion, 9 Chapters just ain't enough. And slayer, if you do get to the end, because I realised I have being typing for long, you should make a even Grand and Bigger ending. And actually include the Blood Elves like described at the beginning of your thread.

Last edited:
Level 4
So is there gonna be more then just 9 Chapters? And the last chapter, killing the Dreadlord, it just didn't give it the ending that I felt it should have. I mean, how could a Dreadlord be the main boss? There has got to be a stronger Enemy behind him, perhaps a Powerful chained demon who orders things to work for him, and therefore the reason that didn't destroy the High Elves, and after the defeat of his champion, the Dread lord, maybe he thought of another way to destroy the High Elves; Corrupting them with the powers of destruction? And maybe that could be how the Blood Elves became? In my opionion, 9 Chapters just ain't enough. And slayer, if you do get to the end, because I realised I have being typing for long, you should make a even Grand and Bigger ending. And actually include the Blood Elves like described at the beginning of your thread.

You know what, you have a great idea there.
I always thought that all campaigns must have some kind of 'epic' ending while at the time the Dreadlord was our best idea, this is also very good.
But at the pace we are going more chapters will only take much longer unless we get some triggerers and soon.
An idea for that 'corrupt' thing, I have one that his been sitting for a long time. Although, it is completly up to Slayer and I don't mean to be annoying you guys with this but my idea is the 'Anti-Elves'.

They were created by the undead from the corruption of the Undeads blight running through their veins. Some died, some survived the corruption and became the Anti-Elves. If you want to hear more just reply and I shall give you some more information on them.

I have recieved a message from someone asking if the campaign was finished and if it wasn't that I send him the files so he can because he believes that it shouldn't rot. Also looking at some new posts of people saying this is a good idea has got me going to want to finish this again!

I believe that if we can get atleast ONE triggerer then the mission we are on at the moment will be done in no time!
If we get TWO we can steadily get through the campaign and finish this soon as the units are basically done.

If anymore come to help, it will be done in no time!
All we need is triggerers, no Beta Tester, Unit Managers, Level Design. Just Triggerers. I am sorry if any one of you are in that position and wish to help but we have a large team of all positions except triggerers.
(I just want to note I am not kicking anyone out of the team)

I don't mean to drag this but... THAT is ALOT of text XD

Level 5
Haha I would Love to help but I can't trigger. Let me know how this project gets on, and dude, I thought this Campaign included how the High Elves became Blood Elves. I was thinking maybe the Demon, Who was Chained After his Defeat as his a immortal, He couldn't do no thing himself, so he Associated a Alliance which he planned to betray with many Forces of Chaos: Fel Orcs, Undeads, Other Demons, Just Evil Stuff. (lulz evil stuff) So he commands the capture of High Elves for him to experiment Corruption with. Now for here I have two Ideas. 1. The Corruption wasn't successful, the Experiment formed the Blood Elves, Simple, Bit Boring I would say. 2. It was successful and there we have the Fel Elves, And later in the Campaign when the Demon sent the Fel Elves upon the lands, the Fel Elves fought the High Elves, Days and Night, Dark, Chaos Magic against Arcane, Light Magic, When the High Elves, Controlled by the Player, Finally defeats the Fel Elves, They plan to destroy the Fel Elves Completely and destroy of this hideous Race, but a Wizard or something Elf Stood up and Said No. He wanted to Uncorrupt them of this Evil Energy, but he needed to see for himself how the Fel Elves are created. The Source. The Demon. So then he has a Quest with a Few High Elven Knights and Few Mages to seek out the Demon and Watch how he created the Fel Elves so He can reverse the Effects. He in the middle of his journey is attacked by a small squad of Fel Orcs, who failed to Ambush the High Elf Quest Takers, but the few surviving Orcs ran back all the way to the Demon, The High Elves tailed the Orc back to the Hell Pit, In which the Demon is Chained, The Demon was creating more Fel Elves, the High Elven Wizard Watched the Progress, When he finally finds out how to reverse the Effects, he Tries to Exit the Pit, But the Orc, Telling the Demon of the High Elves, informed the Demon of their Presence, and therefore the Demon Started closing the Gate of the Hell Pit, The High Elves then Have to try and escape. When the Quest Takers finally reaches their Home, Stronghold, what ever the Fel Elves attacked Against, They Found it Sieged and Destroyed. (Little Twist that I thought of coming out from no where that makes the players go WTF I WANNA PLAY MOAR) And then... Uh My brain Juice is out of Ideas right now but thats all I thought of, even though its not a lot, I think it might help with your project.

EDIT:
Oh and I think the Player also should have a choice of using the Evil Forces as well, which could form alternate endings :O!

EDIT 2:
Please don't let this Project just Burn itself away (Although the Burn would look pretty cool), this is a great project and it should continue, I will be supporting this Project and If there is anything I can do to Help. I would be Glad to help.

Last edited:
Level 10
Oh k, Sorry bout that, and I didn't really expect immediate reply, thats why I kept refreshing the page.. Anyway, this project seems really interesting, so can I help?

Ideas are always excepted. If you can give us ideas, you can help. If you could trigger for us, you'd be even more help.

Haha I would Love to help but I can't trigger. Let me know how this project gets on, and dude, I thought this Campaign included how the High Elves became Blood Elves. I was thinking maybe the Demon, Who was Chained After his Defeat as his a immortal, He couldn't do no thing himself, so he Associated a Alliance which he planned to betray with many Forces of Chaos: Fel Orcs, Undeads, Other Demons, Just Evil Stuff. (lulz evil stuff) So he commands the capture of High Elves for him to experiment Corruption with. Now for here I have two Ideas. 1. The Corruption wasn't successful, the Experiment formed the Blood Elves, Simple, Bit Boring I would say. 2. It was successful and there we have the Fel Elves, And later in the Campaign when the Demon sent the Fel Elves upon the lands, the Fel Elves fought the High Elves, Days and Night, Dark, Chaos Magic against Arcane, Light Magic, When the High Elves, Controlled by the Player, Finally defeats the Fel Elves, They plan to destroy the Fel Elves Completely and destroy of this hideous Race, but a Wizard or something Elf Stood up and Said No. He wanted to Uncorrupt them of this Evil Energy, but he needed to see for himself how the Fel Elves are created. The Source. The Demon. So then he has a Quest with a Few High Elven Knights and Few Mages to seek out the Demon and Watch how he created the Fel Elves so He can reverse the Effects. He in the middle of his journey is attacked by a small squad of Fel Orcs, who failed to Ambush the High Elf Quest Takers, but the few surviving Orcs ran back all the way to the Demon, The High Elves tailed the Orc back to the Hell Pit, In which the Demon is Chained, The Demon was creating more Fel Elves, the High Elven Wizard Watched the Progress, When he finally finds out how to reverse the Effects, he Tries to Exit the Pit, But the Orc, Telling the Demon of the High Elves, informed the Demon of their Presence, and therefore the Demon Started closing the Gate of the Hell Pit, The High Elves then Have to try and escape. When the Quest Takers finally reaches their Home, Stronghold, what ever the Fel Elves attacked Against, They Found it Sieged and Destroyed. (Little Twist that I thought of coming out from no where that makes the players go WTF I WANNA PLAY MOAR) And then... Uh My brain Juice is out of Ideas right now but thats all I thought of, even though its not a lot, I think it might help with your project.

EDIT:
Oh and I think the Player also should have a choice of using the Evil Forces as well, which could form alternate endings :O!

EDIT 2:
Please don't let this Project just Burn itself away (Although the Burn would look pretty cool), this is a great project and it should continue, I will be supporting this Project and If there is anything I can do to Help. I would be Glad to help.

Talk about your great wall of text... You certainly got yourself a lot of ideas there.

I've been rather preoccupied lately, but I guess I could start trying a little harder to find a little time to devote to the project once more. I'd like to support it as long as it's... well... alive.

But anyways, you do have some interesting ideas. And I do understand what you mean when you were talking about having a Dreadlord as the "end boss" in your earlier post. Trust me, I do not intend to just throw some silly Dreadlord into last chapter and label him as an end boss. You know how Blizzard has Balnazzar for a boss in one of the Undead Expansion campaigns? It'll be like that, but way more epic. Basically, I plan (if we ever get this far) to make an improved Dreadlord with much more awesome skills and while not fully invulnerable with Divine Armor, a formidable foe health and damage wise.

I actually have been experimenting with a special triggered ability for the Dreadlord that revives him as an ethereal spirit that can possess a target unit when he dies. It's kinda cool really. When the target is possessed, it has the ability to morph back to the Dreadlord's original form, with drained mana. The Dreadlord may do this again after he dies a second time. He can just possess another target and return to his original form. As a matter of fact, he can do this as many times as he wants.

The only way to kill him for good is to kill the Dreadlord when it's in its ethereal form. And as you know, ethereal units are immune to physical damage, and can only be attacked by magical attacks and spells. Hmm... aren't High Elves supposed to be good with magic? Yes! I haven't thought this part out though, but that's only because we are no where near the 9th chapter. Perhaps you can use mass Sorceresses to turn him into a sheep while they all pound him into the ground. I don't know yet.

But your ideas are greatly appreciated! Welcome aboard btw.

Level 5
Thanks, But I thought you were going to include the Blood Elves, the Dreadlord does sound indeed very interesting. But man, It's awesome but, but, you know, it's a Dreadlord, It's a Dreadlord, and to emphasise it again, it's a Dreadlord. You know this is a like, Look and it makes people filled with Awe, this project, it is amazing to the max for anyone who wonders the difference between High Elves and the Blood Elves, and the Fel Elves as my friend MrStomyZ said before (I might have remembered wrong but I think He talk about Fel Elves?) You are not explaining it are you? The People who Look at this project want something more then just High Elves killing a Dreadlord and Nothing Else more, People expect more, I expect more, I assume a majority of this Project Helpers expect more, I know you guys have that Trigger Issue, but you can't restrict such a fantastic Idea with short of workers. Tell me, is this Campaign gonna be separated into parts of different maps or is it gonna be one huge map with every campaign part in it? I can do triggering, Give me a Separate map, A Separate Copy, I'll mangle around with it, try to do triggers and stuff, don't let such a great idea just decay. Or we can make it up till the Dreadlord and that will be SoHE Part 1. And Part two? The Explaination of the Becoming of BLOOD ELVES!!!!!! :D Man I am so thrilled right now. I realize I am typing a Wall of text again, I actually only meant for a few sentence, but this project is just so amazingly exciting. I'm gonna stop typing now and perhaps change the font of this wall of text to make it readable. Now Slayer14, my Skype Name, I will send a private message later to you and you give me a copy of that map you need triggering on. I'll get it done as fast and as efficient as I can. And just to Remind you, My triggering isn't that fantastic, but because no one else seems to be helping you with triggering, I will. (GUI btw). ~Wall of Text again...~

Last edited:
Level 4
:D
Back in buisness >:D
:D
The idea is that there are several orc warchiefs and all (exept Grimtel) are slain after the dreadlord has chosen the Warchief worthy of power over death (Belt of Shadow?) or something but there is another test which he must pass, destroying what is left of Quel'thalas. Is this good?
By the way, in cinematic he can say 'only few are chosen worthy to keep this power'. This can tell players: 'Hey, an item that gives you power over life and others have this' Which can later make them realise the Necro has one too and was aslo chosen by that same dreadlord himself.

Level 12
Just wanted to ask, are positions still open? If so, what positions? I don't get how it works, lol. There are some parts where there are N/A's in them, and there are some blanks. I suppose N/A = not applicable (you can't apply) and the blanks are open spots. I'll wait for a reply, and try to apply if this project is still alive. Some descriptions for those positions would be nice too.

Level 12
The Undead Scourge wasn't really created like a thousand years ago, it was only after Ner'zhul opened new portals and Kil'jaeden put a curse upon hin turning his body into a spirit and trapped him inside a block of ice in Northrend. So, it's kinda impossible for a Necromancer serve the Scourge before Kel'thuzad existed, and Kel'thuzad was one of the Kirin Tor Six during the invasion of Draenor.

Status
Not open for further replies.