• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Project Closing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Due to the loss of two major JASS scripters and our only modeler, the project has no way of moving forward besides me terraining it. I tried to revive it by contacting others to join, but they have declined, thus the end of this great project must and finally has come to a halt. The map will not be released to the public however since several of the team mates have disagreed that it'd be a good idea on making it a public resource.

Is this the end of the Apocalypse development? Not entirely. I, DaFranker, and Punisher_X plan on starting Apocalypse exactly three months after Starcraft II's release for Starcraft II. We feel that the mod will be much more interesting on an engine as more up to date as that.

To those who plan on staying with WC3 and/or are very disappointed to this news, I apologize sincerely. We will try to have more news on this later; hopefully soon!

~Craka_J

Level 25
Yeah. The only three people who agreed to move on to Starcraft II and stay with the Apocalypse Development Team was me, DaFranker, and Punisher_X though. I am not sure if the team will be any larger by the time we begin development though.

~Craka_J

Status
Not open for further replies.