• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
я дошел до места где медведи и медвежата,он квест мне не дает и через магическую ограду пройти не могу....что делать дальше???баг или недоработка? кобас переведи и ответь в лс

Level 11
я дошел до места где медведи и медвежата,он квест мне не дает и через магическую ограду пройти не могу....что делать дальше???баг или недоработка? кобас переведи и ответь в лс

Man thanks for that comment but could you please use English?

Level 24
Are they really going to include a save & load system in this map? Why would anyone need a save and load system in a SPRPG?

Yeah, one of the things that you cannot do on the default wc3 save system... if you save your game, open the map on the editor even if you didn't change a thing on the map then hit save map you won't be able to use your saved game anymore...

As for reset it depends on the structure of the code... in my "current" map in development for example, I don't have any problems with loading an older code into a newer map version which has new items...

the codes normally only need to be reset if you add things to save (like if the previous version doesn't save health and mana values and then the newer version does), because that would cause a change on the function that calls the save-load system...

JASS:
call Save.Add(Items)
call Save.Add(Hero)

then I decided to add quests

JASS:
call Save.Add(Items)
call Save.Add(Hero)
call Save.Add(Quests)

Here I added a new item to save by the save-load system which in effect changes the output code of the system

now if I add just add new items, etc... the calling codes will still be the same so there is no change on the output code
JASS:
call Save.Add(Items)
call Save.Add(Hero)

But of course if you load a newer code to an older map, don't expect it to work perfectly (for example, if you have items that are only introduced on the new version then don't expect to have that item when you load on an older map)

Level 24
I really hope this isn't how it's going to end but I understand that one person can't finish this huge of a project I really hope you find someone to help you out.

Guys I played this for 3 hours today, damn it's good :xxd:

-Kobas- is back.

Shadows of the Past v0.8.1.0
Finished:
-Picked gold/shadow is collected instantly.
-Fixed ability ID bug in Talent Tree.
-Talent Tree now allow you to remove any ability you want, instead last learned.
-Fixed some bugs with Talent Tree related to SFX.
-Optimized Talent Tree System, removed useless calculations and variables.
-Reworked ability tooltips.

Will be working on:
-New set of spells that will be in talent tree located below basic ones (Require Champion lvl 10 to learn).
-New set of items (3-5 boots/gloves + new powerful already created types).
-New quests (3 main + 3-5 optional).

Expecting release:
-2 Weeks.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

SotP lives! Come on Kobas, prove to everyone that Warcraft 3 isn't dead yet and that it's here to stay for at least another 2-3 years. We have faith in you and will be here till the end!

Shadows of the Past v0.8.1.2
Finished:
-Picked gold/shadow is collected instantly.
-Fixed ability ID bug in Talent Tree.
-Talent Tree now allow you to remove any ability you want, instead last learned.
-Fixed some bugs with Talent Tree related to SFX.
-Optimized Talent Tree System, removed useless calculations and variables.
-Reworked ability tooltips.
-Fixed bug with same quest descriptions. (New)
-Added Ping Minimap System to help you guys solve quests easier. Thanks to mag once again. (New)
-Imported over 250 new doodads especially prepared for terrain decorations. (New)

Will be working on:
-New set of spells that will be in talent tree located below basic ones (Require Champion lvl 10 to learn).
-New set of items (3-5 boots/gloves + new powerful already created types).
-New quests (3 main + 3-5 optional).
-Improving terrain (you will like new on trust me, just more unique stuff, core will remain the same). (New)

Expecting release:
-I can't promise nothing, exams coming in 2 weeks. (New)

Level 24
Well I have to agree with you there Remixer I'm very curious to see how this new terrain will end up.

I have huge present for you guys, I'm really sorry for this big delay, I even send few pm to people asking about update that I put project on hold...

I'm doing my best not to disappoint you, honestly even I was impressed how this new shit look like, I test it many times with all kind of options and trust me it will look cool :)
Just few more days to edit (recreate) few quests and add new...

Level 24
Well who doesn't which to see a gigantic fire breathing dragon swoop down. However if my memory fairs me right I recall that the dragons where saved for end game content.

I recreated custom inventory, removed 50 lines of code, split lib into 2 and made some improvements, works flawlessly now, I played a little with it and wasn't able to find any bugs, I hope it won't bother you anymore.

Fixed silly pathing blocker bug

Also I finally added new items (10 for now, will add a lot more, new update will be all about new items + bug fix).

JASS:
//
        /*********************
        *  ITEM_CLASS_HEAD   *
        **********************/

/* Damaged Apprentice Hat */
        call SaveItem('I03B', 'B04B', ITEM_CLASS_HEAD, ITEM_ANIM_NONE, Mix("Damaged Apprentice Hat", "Head", "+1 Defense", ""))
        call ItemBonus['I03B'].saveStats(  0,  0,  0,  0,  1,  0,  0,    0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0)
        //call ItemBonus['I03B'].saveDamageStats(  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0)
        call ItemBonus['I03B'].saveEffect(     0,"war3mapImported\\HelmBlueHat.mdl", "head")

/* Crude Apprentice Hat */
        call SaveItem('I03C', 'B04C', ITEM_CLASS_HEAD, ITEM_ANIM_NONE, Mix("Crude Apprentice Hat", "Head", "+2 Defense", ""))
        call ItemBonus['I03C'].saveStats(  0,  0,  0,  0,  2,  0,  0,    0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0)
        //call ItemBonus['I03C'].saveDamageStats(  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0)
        call ItemBonus['I03C'].saveEffect(     0,"war3mapImported\\HelmBlueHat.mdl", "head")

/* Apprentice Hat */
        call SaveItem('I03D', 'B04D', ITEM_CLASS_HEAD, ITEM_ANIM_NONE, Mix("Apprentice Hat", "Head", "+3 Defense", ""))
        call ItemBonus['I03D'].saveStats(  0,  0,  0,  0,  3,  0,  0,    0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0)
        //call ItemBonus['I03D'].saveDamageStats(  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0)
        call ItemBonus['I03D'].saveEffect(     0,"war3mapImported\\HelmBlueHat.mdl", "head")

/* Fine Apprentice Hat */
        call SaveItem('I03E', 'B04E', ITEM_CLASS_HEAD, ITEM_ANIM_NONE, Mix("Fine Apprentice Hat", "Head", "+4 Defense", ""))
        call ItemBonus['I03E'].saveStats(  0,  0,  0,  0,  4,  0,  0,    0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0)
        //call ItemBonus['I03E'].saveDamageStats(  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0)
        call ItemBonus['I03E'].saveEffect(     0,"war3mapImported\\HelmBlueHat.mdl", "head")

/* Perfect Apprentice Hat */
        call SaveItem('I03F', 'B04F', ITEM_CLASS_HEAD, ITEM_ANIM_NONE, Mix("Perfect Apprentice Hat", "Head", "+5 Defense", ""))
        call ItemBonus['I03F'].saveStats(  0,  0,  0,  0,  5,  0,  0,    0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0)
        //call ItemBonus['I03F'].saveDamageStats(  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0)
        call ItemBonus['I03F'].saveEffect(     0,"war3mapImported\\HelmBlueHat.mdl", "head")

/*********************
        * ITEM_CLASS_AMULET  *
        **********************/

/* Amulet of Valor */
        call SaveItem('I03G', 'B04G', ITEM_CLASS_AMULET, ITEM_ANIM_NONE, Mix("Amulet of Valor", "Amulet", "+8 Attack Power |n+3 Defense |n+25 Hit Points |n+10% Attack Speed", ""))
        call ItemBonus['I03G'].saveStats(  0,  0,  0,  8,  3, 25,  0, 0.10,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0)
        //call ItemBonus['I03G'].saveDamageStats(  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0)
        //call ItemBonus['I03G'].saveEffect(     0,"", "")

/* Medallion of Courage */
        call SaveItem('I03H', 'B04H', ITEM_CLASS_AMULET, ITEM_ANIM_NONE, Mix("Medallion of Couraget", "Amulet", "+8 Strength |n+4 Agility |n+4 Intelligence |n+10% Evasion", ""))
        call ItemBonus['I03H'].saveStats(  8,  4,  4,  0,  0,  0,  0,    0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0)
        call ItemBonus['I03H'].saveDamageStats(  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0, 10,  0,  0)
        //call ItemBonus['I03H'].saveEffect(     0,"", "")

/* Arcane Talisman */
        call SaveItem('I03I', 'B04I', ITEM_CLASS_AMULET, ITEM_ANIM_NONE, Mix("Arcane Talisman", "Amulet", "+75 Mana Points |n+75% Mana Regeneration", ""))
        call ItemBonus['I03I'].saveStats(  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0, 75,    0,  0,  0,  0,  0, 75)
        //call ItemBonus['I03I'].saveDamageStats(  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0)
        //call ItemBonus['I03I'].saveEffect(     0,"", "")

/* Necklace of Storms */
        call SaveItem('I03J', 'B04J', ITEM_CLASS_AMULET, ITEM_ANIM_NONE, Mix("Necklace of Storms", "Amulet", "+15 Lightning Damage", ""))
        //call ItemBonus['I03J'].saveStats(  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,    0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0)
        call ItemBonus['I03J'].saveDamageStats(  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0, 15,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0)
        //call ItemBonus['I03J'].saveEffect(     0,"", "")

/* Jade Amulet */
        call SaveItem('I03L', 'B04L', ITEM_CLASS_AMULET, ITEM_ANIM_NONE, Mix("Jade Amulet", "Amulet", "+2 Cold Damage |n+15 Cold Resistance", ""))
        //call ItemBonus['I03L'].saveStats(  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,    0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0)
        call ItemBonus['I03L'].saveDamageStats(  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0, 15,  0,  0,  0,  2,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0)
        //call ItemBonus['I03L'].saveEffect(     0,"", "")

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
So I played the map and really enjoyed it. Did not complete it because I did not have time for that.

But so far I can say that it seems really good. Very nice job on the new terrain and cinematics.
Few things could need fixing I think, not major but would make the gameplay better.
1. Every time I died I had to re-equip my bow to use it.
2. NPCs that you need to interact with could have some kind of highlight.
3. Every time you exit from the Inventory, Stats and Skill Tree would be good if the hero would be automatically selected.
4. Bow's range is such a short...

Also found few bugs and missteps.
1. Ring of Superiority says it gives 3 of each attribute. However it gives only 3 strenght.
2. The first Cinematic with Master Anaxes's trigger does not go off.
3. In the beginning cinematic some of the quest messages somehow starts more from the center of the screen that is supposed to and they go to a second line.

Overall nice work and keep it up. (I like the camera as it is!)

Damn I can't keep secrets :sad:
Here you go, few places you will be able to explore.
House is optional quest related.
Another 2 are main quest related.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=j84ir3

Crafting quests, Main Quest 2 is now finished, waiting for English grammar fix.
Quest 3 will be soon, and map will be rdy for update.

Have a nice day.

Thank you.
I added pet system again.
This time something totally unique.
Each pet will be able to level up (6 stats up to level 10 each).
You will buy upgrades in Pet Trainer Shop for some gold.
5 Different Pets (Frost Wolf, Wisp, Dragon Turtle, Wildkin and Dark Seer), each one with different stats and abilities.

Testing right now and fixing errors overlapping with other systems.
Pet can't die, instead you will need to go to Pet Trainer Shop and heal it there (something like resurrection), this cost 50 gold.

This above is 90% complied and working.

Left to do:
Link damage/stats system with Pet.
Create abilities for Pet.
You are free to suggest some as well, up to 7 abilities per pet.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...-craft-abilities-together-226120/#post2249416

Those new terrain screenshot looks really amazing, just wondering how many quest will you add on the next version?
Not many, each quest take 2-3 hours to make (main because of cinematic and so on).

And I have exam coming this Wednesday.
I had 2 exams last Friday and so on :sad:

I work as fast I can, but I don't sit in front of PC whole day :)

Level 24
Well whether or not the new version will contain new quests or not I could not be more exited about this update.

Status
Not open for further replies.